OOB Lock issues, how can this be fixed?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Frank512

HTPC Specs: Show details

OOB Lock issues, how can this be fixed?

Post by Frank512 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Can anyone tell me what, if anything can be done when the CableCard cannot get a lock on the out of band channel? I'm with Comcast and I have been having issues with Subscription Required ever since I got my 6ETH which were always fixed by getting a signal resent until it wouldn't work anymore. I decided to get a new card like two weeks ago and I haven't been able to get a card paired since. I have tried 4 different cards from my local office and a second technician was out this morning (first one didn't have cards) and messed with the wiring and crimped new ends to the cable wires. He also added a MOCA filter on the main feed from the pole to prevent noise from other houses (I'm not using MOCA inside the house). Nothing seems to work.

If I do not have the OOB lock, the cablecards obviously cannot receive the signal. How can this be fixed? I haven't encountered a single tech who's even heard of the OOB frequency. My signal level is 0dB and SNR is 39dB. Thanks for any insight. I have spent countless hours calling comcast, going to the local office, dealing with techs and I just can't take it anymore, but I don't want to give up my WMC setup. I have been using this for like 4 years and suddenly nothing works.

Frank
Last edited by Frank512 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Have you opened a ticket with Ceton support?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Frank512

Post by Frank512 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah, waiting for a response after I updated the ticket from today's tech visit. Just trying to gather any info I can.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:53 am

Do you have any trouble with set-top boxes? Your signal level and SNR is good.

Frank512

Post by Frank512 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 am

I normally don't have any because of the Ceton but I was forced to get one in order to be able to watch TV and it appears to be working fine. However crappy it may be, at least it works.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Have you tried connecting the ETH6 directly to the home run cable?