Service is Unavailable (infiniTV 6 PCIe)

msuozzo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Service is Unavailable (infiniTV 6 PCIe)

Post by msuozzo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:00 pm

I am in the process of switching from an infiniTV 4 PCIe to the newer 6 tuner model. I installed the new card, activated the CableCARD with TWC, and everything seems to be in order: Tuning channels is successful, the Card Authorization reads validated and authenticated, I have a STN of ~40dB and a signal of ~3dBmV for each channel.

However, while WMC recognizes and sets up the tuners successfully, when Live TV is accessed I get the "Service is Unavailable" message on every channel. I have tried clearing, re-discovering, and re-configuring the tuners in WMC but to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Note: Because this is not a fresh WMC install, DCA is already passed and PlayReady is already installed. I reinstalled all Ceton drivers and have the latest (beta) firmware on the card just in case.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:05 pm

In Ceton Diagnostic > Devices tab and cableCARD tab have green check marks for all status?
Have you tried resetting network settings in the Ceton Diagnostic then reboot, clear tuner config., then rediscover tuners in Ceton Diagnostic Devices tab then run through tuner setup in WMC?
SNR should be 32-37 and the signal level should be between -12 and +12 with 0 dBmV ideal. The ideal readings are 37 SNR with 0 signal. Something to keep in mind: you can have low SNR (32-34) and high signal strength (+5/+10) and be okay, or you can have high SNR (36-37) and have low signal strength (-5/-10) and be okay. You just can't have both low SNR and low signal strength and still have a good viewing experience. Finally, while these guidelines by and large hold true, the final determining factor is quality of picture. If your readings are low but your picture quality is acceptable, then those levels work for your setup.
if your SNR is -40 that could be your issue where ideal is (32-37)
newfiend

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:32 pm

I would have expected to "have to" redo PlayReady. Is it possible to get away with that? and if so, for how long?

bradley80

Post by bradley80 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm

I had this issue a few times. One of the time was because the InfiniTV & my pc were not on the same network(subnet)...once i got that fixed WMC found the InfiniTV.

Also did you do the setup again in WMC. You're moving to a new InfiniTV, and it needs to sync with that MAC address, so you will have to run that setup again.

scowie

Post by scowie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:46 am

Try this...

Go to "View network status and tasks page" in Control Panel and set the network to "Private/Home" rather than the "Public" it probably has currently (click "customize" on the right).

Windows tends to block discovery of network devices when the network is marked as public which can preventing WMC from accessing tuners.

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:12 pm

I am having the same issue but through a shared tuner.

System 1: Win7x64, legit, Infintv4, 3 tuners, 1 tuner shared, Adviser passes
No issues, all 3 tuners work and record.

System 2: Win7x64, legit, 1 network tuner, Adviser passes
Used to work for about 2 years but now getting the dreaded Service Unavailable message.

I tried reformatting, rebooting, all sorts of other nonsense and it may work for a day and then back to same message.

billroden

Post by billroden » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:25 am

Try a HARD reset....not just a "restart". This seemed to work for me after pulling all my hair out over this matter. Shut down the pc.....and boot it back up.

Tester

Post by Tester » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:35 pm

@ billroden.. I have tried a hard reset, sometimes that does work.. but a day or two later the message starts again.
As I said before, this worked for a long while without issue, now this message is persistent.

billroden

Post by billroden » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Geeez I hate that. These tuners are so finicky. I've been wanting to wipe out my HTPC just because I do that with my pc's after a while but I am hesitant because of this. I shouldn't fix it if it's not broken right?

Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Good luck to you. I would appreciate a post with your solution when the problem is resolved.