Cannot Connect via Smartphone

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
TrickyDicky

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot Connect via Smartphone

Post by TrickyDicky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 am

I downloaded and tried out MyMediaCenter App on my Samsung S4 Mini phone. I followed the setup instructions and got it working very nicely using my home WiFi network. Great.
But I really bought the MyMediaCenter App so I could programme Windows Media Centre to record TV when I'm away from home and without WiFi. Despite following the instructions for remote setup, I simply cannot get the App to work over the mobile phone data network. The built-in test of port forwarding tells me that this aspect is working OK so I really don't know what to change to get it working.
So, the first question is:
Is MyMediaCenter App for Android designed to work over the mobile phone data network or is it just designed to work over WiFi?

STC

Post by STC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:02 pm

/moved to My Media Center
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Are you saying it works when you're away from home and on wifi, but not when you're away from home via a data network? Not sure why that would be, that doesn't matter for me and I've never heard anyone mention anything about that.

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Is your router configured to permit remote access? You may need to subscribe to a dynamic DNS service to do that.
Dean L. Surkin

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 pm

I think you have a problem with your setup Tricky. I have an S4, and I just finished turning "off" WiFi, opening MMC, and connected through the AT&T network. Works fine.

What kind of router do you have?