Force Update and Verification of Guide Updates?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

Force Update and Verification of Guide Updates?

Post by werds » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:06 am

Ok, so WMC has been running fine for a while but with new summer shows coming up that my wife wants to record noticed a new issue. Last week when guide was updated I noticed most of the channels I watch actually updated but NBC showed "no listing" starting Wed at 8pm (tomorrow). I thought it was an isolated issue since all the other channels around it (abc, cbs etc) showed listings through Friday. But now I looked at other higher channels like Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, DIY, etc and realized that starting Wed 8pm (tomorrow) NONE of them show listings... I have gone to tasks and attempted update listings but every time it returns the popup error after a few minutes telling me it could not update/download and to right click the WMC icon in systray... which I have done and same issue no go. Reboot did not work and there have been no changes or additions to software in months to the HTPC.

Is there a way I can verify when the last successful guide update is? Also does anyone know if this is an issue with my system, Microsoft, or elsewhere?

Provider is Comcast - I am in 21801...

werds

Post by werds » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:49 am

Ugh... ok so now that everyone is asleep got another look at it...

Currently guide listings for All but 4 channels display "No Listing" starting at 8pm EST Wed 6/25/14 The 4 channels that show listings actually show listings all the way through until July 6th... The four channels that are displaying are The CW, CBS, ABC and Fox.

Re-ran TV setup and no luck there in terms of getting the guide listings fixed... So anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

oakley516

Post by oakley516 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:59 am

You can look in the Event Viewer for the status of each attempt to update. It's under Applications Logs, Media Center. Just look at the the events that have a source of MCUpdate.

It sounds like your guide database might be messed up. You can try to repair it by running the recovery task like this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... tore__aadt

or just run through the Live TV setup again in Media Center.

werds

Post by werds » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 am

oakley516 wrote:You can look in the Event Viewer for the status of each attempt to update. It's under Applications Logs, Media Center. Just look at the the events that have a source of MCUpdate.

It sounds like your guide database might be messed up. You can try to repair it by running the recovery task like this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... tore__aadt

or just run through the Live TV setup again in Media Center.
Spot on! Re-running Live TV didn't get the job done but the link you pointed to worked (once I ran the task) Thanks! Have full guide listings on all channels through July 7th now!