InfiniTV 4 USB Live TV Streaming

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
zignon

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 4 USB Live TV Streaming

Post by zignon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi everyone -

I just got a InfiniTV 4 USB and so far love the Media Center Capabilities and will also be adding the InfiniTV 6 in about 2 months.

I was wondering what is the best way (if possible) to enable Live TV Streaming over the Internet with these devices? Right now I have my Media Center running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (can easily go to 8.1) and have tried running Remote Potato with the Live TV pack but it seams that I still have to start recording and then click play after a few minutes and be a little behind the stream.

I am a huge football (soccer) fan and want to be able to stream from my own dedicated machine the upcoming World Cup.

Any recommendations on what to download/purchase/install to make streaming from Ceton work over the Internet?

Thanks

Zignon

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:24 pm

are you using the remote media center version (see myfrem.nl)...it should handle all of that for you. There is also the whole route of using WMC to talk to media browser 3 (MM3) or even XBMC.

good luck to you and your team!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:15 am

We have been kicking around a few ideas using XBMC over here >>>>> http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 353#p74353 you might want to read the whole thread.

After you get ServerWMC and pvrWMC working, xbmc-video-server broadcasts it over the internet. Havn't tried this part yet, but others have succeeded. Looks a little tricky, but not impossible.

gihayes

Post by gihayes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi Zgnon,

I use Mediabrowser3. It works great for accessing your home network media locally from other devices on the network, or from the internet. You can access your media using any web browser or a client. It integrates with Media Center very well. It looks great and is very east to setup and use. you can find it here http://mediabrowser.tv/
It is the best thing I have found to serve up my media so far that integrates seamlessly with Media Center. It even lets you view the guide, live tv, and record remotely.
Best of all it is free!! lol.

gihayes