Metadata issues

equinox74

HTPC Specs: Show details

Metadata issues

Post by equinox74 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,

I recently installed a new W7 media centre, and have installed MediaBrowser 3 (after years of using MediaBrowser 2 on MCE (W7).

I have a single HDD for just movies, with an example folder structure of:

d:\movies\Platoon\platoon1986.avi
d:\movies\Platoon\platoon.jpg
d:\movies\Dune\duneoriginal1982editedaxxo.avi
d:\movies\Saving Private Ryan\SPV1080p2000.avi

Where every movie is in its own folder, with the folder named specifically after the movie (with no year dates etc specified) and the file names are potentially random and not always indicating the true movie name.

My issue is that I want to have the metadata <Title> changed to that of the folder name as it currently represents the actual file name of the movie. The only way I can get MediaBrowser3 to display the name is by that of the <Title>. This means that there is no real semblance of order when trying to select a movie.....

Can someone please provide me with some (relatively simple) instructions on how to batch rename the metadata <title> (and any other required filenames) to that of the folder name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

mjktg99

Post by mjktg99 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Media Center Master will do the rename as part of the Metadata fetch.

equinox74

Post by equinox74 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:41 pm

It doesn't seem to? The movie names remain as the filename in MB3

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Try this, works for tv shows and movies http://therenamer.com/

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:33 pm

For best results I always create a file with the movie name such as
Star Wars -A New Hope (1977)[tmdb=11]
And place my movie file inside that folder. To find the tmdb # look up the title of the movie at tmdb.org it will be in the browser address bar just before the title if the movie on the corresponding movie web page. Its good to have the tmdb# in the folder title as there are multiple movies with similar titles and this helps mb3 as well as ceton's my media center apps to correctly grab the correct metadata.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:42 pm

The renamer program will batch rename tv shows and movies. You would want to take all the movie files and drag and drop them into the renamer program after setting the destination folder in settings. It will batch rename and move files to a specific folder if you like and place each file in its own folder. Just check to make sure the files were renamed correctly before proceeding with the renaming. It should display a list with the original movie title and the new renamed title to allow you to confirm they are correct before proceeding.