Can only receive local channels on Comcast

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jwes511

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can only receive local channels on Comcast

Post by jwes511 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:36 pm

I just recently restored my HTPC after some video issues. The video issues went away when i switched my computer monitor to a DVI connection instead of VGA. I am using a dual monitor setup with my Sony Flat Panel as my second monitor which is connected via HDMI. I am using the on board graphics adapter on a Gigabyte motherboard with an AMD A10 processor. After reinstalling Win 7 and setting up WMC using a Ceton InfiniTV with a Comcast CableCard I find that I can only view the local channels on "Live TV". The channel guide properly shows all channels but when I select a "cable" channel (i.e., not a local channel) I either get an error screen stating that a subscription is required to view the channel, or I get a black screen with no audio. This is a new issue since I reloaded Windows. Prior to that WMC worked fine with this same setup. When I look at the Ceton Diagnostics display It shows that the channels that I subscribe to are being received. It sounds to me like there is something blocking the display of those channels. Any ideas?

jwes511

Post by jwes511 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Issue resolved. As a last resort I called Comcast's CableCard support and had the compulsory conversation with some foreign national who had no clue about what we were talking about. I finally convinced her that it would probably be beneficial for her to reset my cablecard. After she did so I reran WMC setup & that fixed the problem.

jfreiman

Post by jfreiman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:54 am

I'm happy to hear that you are now able to tune into all your channels now.

I will also offer up that Comcast, unlike TWC in my experience does not copy protect their channels (other than premiums, like HBO, Showtime) and can be easily played on other devices on your home network.

I even have great success copying WTV recorded shows using my InfiniTV6 to my Windows Phone (Lumia 1520) and playing them directly with the MoliPlayer Pro app! :)

Gosh, between Media Center, Ceton InfiniTV PCIe 4/6 ETH 6, Xbox Media Center Extender, MCEBuddy and MoliPlayer Pro I am one ultra satisfied consumer.