MMC Services - Package Not Compatible?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
garay

HTPC Specs: Show details

MMC Services - Package Not Compatible?

Post by garay » Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 am

I just downloaded and installed My Media Center app onto my new Asus Vivotab. I then downloaded "My Media Center Services for your PC" for windows 7, from the Ceton website, to my windows 7 64 bit HTPC. I also downloaded windows .Net as required by Ceton. I now get a message on my HTPC "The Ceton My Media Center Setup Wizard package is not compatible with the version of windows you are running."

Also if someone could please clarify for me, I only wanted an app so I could use my notepad as a remote for windows media center, not a replacement for windows media center. Maybe that's the problem.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:16 pm

garay wrote:I just downloaded and installed My Media Center app onto my new Asus Vivotab. I then downloaded "My Media Center Services for your PC" for windows 7, from the Ceton website, to my windows 7 64 bit HTPC. I also downloaded windows .Net as required by Ceton. I now get a message on my HTPC "The Ceton My Media Center Setup Wizard package is not compatible with the version of windows you are running."

Also if someone could please clarify for me, I only wanted an app so I could use my notepad as a remote for windows media center, not a replacement for windows media center. Maybe that's the problem.
Ceton My Media Center is just a remote control app not a replacement for WMC.

Re- the other stuff. I don't remember having to install a .Net upgrade. the rar included with the post (if a rar is allowed) is an older version of MMC that I have been using with Win 7 64 since November 2013. My Win 7 is pretty old though, no updates turned on.

You might have better luck with this if you shut down the tablets, and get the Ceton MMC setup first, confirm the firewall settings and add if necessary, then the router and the port forwards, app the tablets last.
Attachments
ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_13_10_20_0199.rar
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

garay

Post by garay » Fri May 23, 2014 5:23 am

I downloaded the setup from the link on your post, haven't quite got it working yet. have to sort out a few more settings. The configuration required for yours is a little bit over my head, got so far, now waiting for my IT mate to come around and help out. At least the program installed and ran. Another thing I noticed on your version, when you select Libraries/Television, it says "coming soon". I mainly watch recorded TV.
I think what I downloaded from the Microsoft app store is a different version from yours. http://cetoncorp.com/products/companion/ Also, my mistake, I didn't notice that it said windows 8. I tried to install it on my windows 7 MC. I'm using a windows 8 tablet to control media center on a windows 7 PC, maybe it doesn't like this.
I downloaded another Microsoft app called "PC Remote Windows", installed and worked fine with my windows 7 & 8 combination, no ip addresses or ports etc needed. Works great as a remote for WMC and controls some PC functions as well. I should have downloaded this freebie first instead of the Ceton, Oh well, it's only 5 bucks.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Which install package did you use? http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/mymediacenter/w7/latest should be used for Win7
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

garay

Post by garay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:11 am

I have installed Ceton 14.2.20.821 on my windows 7 64 bit HTPC. Ran diagnostics, all OK.
Have installed Ceton My Media Center app on my Asus windows 8.1 tablet. Internal IP address and port are same, not sure what to do about external IP.
No password set up. All I keep getting is "Unable to connect to PC. please check your password and internet connection and try again.
Tablet is connected to network.

garay

Post by garay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:22 am

1.) On your PC in either Chrome or Firefox enter: http://localhost:5832
-> You should see some XML that says "nothing to see here" if so that is good which means everything is up and running.

Only have IE installed on HTPC

2.) On your device to go the browser and enter: http://IPofPC:5832
-> Where the IPofPC is the IP of your computer. You should see the same message.

Correct message displayed

If 1 works and 2 does not that means something is blocking the outgoing connection.

Another thing to check is to see if the port is conflicting with something else. you could change the port from 5832 to something else or follow these steps:
1.) hit windows start icon
2.) Type: run
3.) in the run prompt type: cmd
4.) then in the command prompt type in: netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:5832

This is a copy from one of your previous posts. I got the same result except instead of 2384 I got 576.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (4.5 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:56 am

if it's of any help, mine is working and when I run netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:5832,,,,,Instead of 2384 I get 3352