Thasaidon

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC7 No Tuners Found

Post by Thasaidon » Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am

Hi People...
Here's a weird one.

I'm running WMC (Media Center) on a Win7 Home Premium 64bit with Service-pack 1
It's an AMD Athlon II X4 on 2,9Ghz with 4Gb Ram
I'm running Dvblink Server 3.2.0, Dvblink for IPTV 3.2.0 and Dvblink Server Network Pack 3.2.0
(virtual software tuners)

The server itself works just fine. But it's one of the network Client that is giving me problems.
(all other clients work ok).

The client system is running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Service-Pack 1
on an AMD FX 8150 (8-core) at 3.6Ghz with 16Gb Ram
It's running DVBLink Networkpack 3.2.0 (Client)
(same virtual software tuners).

Whenever the server is running, I am able to watch tv on the client system too. This has always worked perfectly.
However, since a couple of days Windows Media Centre (on this client system) is telling me there are no tuners configured.

When I try to watch a channel, I get the error Viewing or listening conflict. No tuner available to satisfy the current request..
So I went to WMC setup and tried to setup my TV Signal again, but during setup I get the error TUNER NOT FOUND. The TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tuner was not detected. If you have a tuner, ensure it is installed correctly...
Now this is weird because when I look at my Windows hardware (Device Manager), I have 4 "DVBLink Tuners" and all are working properly according to Windows itself.

So at first, I uinstalled the DVBLink software, ran a few (registry-)cleaners, deleted some remnant folders and rebooted the system.
Then I reinstalled the DVBLink software, rebooted, and all seemed ok. However, I still got the same errors in WMC.
So then I uninstalled de DVBLink software again, ran the cleaners again, deleted some folders, rebooted again and then ran the command:
%systemroot%\ehome\mcupdate.exe -MediaCenterRecoveryTask
Rebooted, reinstalled the DVBLink software again,rebooted again, but again... WMC doesn't see any tuners.

Finally I uninstalled the DVBLink software again, and I also uninstalled WMC (uninstalled it via "Windows Components").
Then I ran several (registry-)cleaners again and deleted some folders including /programdata/microsoft/ehome and rebooted the system.
I reinstalled the DVBLink software, rebooted, reinstalled WMC, rebooted, but still WMC gives me the "no tuner" error.

Also, I tried multiple variations of the above things, but whatever I try, WMC does NOT want to see the tuners.
I also tried running the WMC setup from within WMC itself, and normally it would ask to setup a TV signal, but each time I tried the setup, it didn't even have the option to setup a TV signal. But I guess this is because WMC isn't seeing any tuners?

I even tried removing some Windows Updates and reverting to several (older) Windows Restore Points, but that didn't help either.

So, my question is... why is WMC not seeing any tuners at all, even though Windows itself is showing 4 tuners in the device manager and is telling me they are working ok?

Any help would be appreciated.