ETH6: What Is My Goal Temperature?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnJ9

HTPC Specs: Show details

ETH6: What Is My Goal Temperature?

Post by JohnJ9 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 pm

I bought a fan kit off Amazon from the Cooler Guys. All is set up, and I like the little LED temp controller. I have the ETH6 standing vertical, built a little stand / fan mount, and have the fan blowing through the unit. What temperature goal should I have in mind when setting the upper and lower values for the controller? I know I've seen folks post their temps from time to time, but I wanted to see where folks are trying to get the numbers.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:14 am

I have read they start going squirrely around 65 C. Currently mine are 56 C and not having any problems. If you are working on improving your temps there are a lot of good utility's in this post.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 575#p45575

I guess I should add that I have the internal pciE not ETH.

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:51 am

Before I put a fan in place to push air across my ITV4 USB my temps were in the 115 to 125 °F (46 to 52 °C) range. Now they sit in the 96 to 100 °F range, the only consistent benefit I've found is the channel changes are a bit quicker (less than a second faster?).

In addition to Crash's utilities, if you have an Android device you might look into the monitoring setup from Trigone. It includes information for your Ceton tuners (I assume it covers the ETH, but don't have one myself so unsure on that): http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=6899

Don't have an answer for your actual question. As Crash mentioned it seems most have issues in the mid-60 °C range, but I've never run mine that hot.