Ceton 6 tuner models with Cisco markets

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton 6 tuner models with Cisco markets

Post by TeddyR » Sun May 04, 2014 8:56 am

What releases of the Cisco CC and TA firmware are being used currently with 6 tuner models with NO ISSUES with 4 or more tuners in SDV markets?

After a little bit of research... The CC firmware that works better with 6 tuner tivos is at least Cisco 1.5.3.1101, The firmware CC that I have on my ETH6 is PKEY1.5.2_F.p.2401

The reason I am asking is that I am currently on TA FW STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601 on the TA connected to my ETH6. I am wondering if the ETH6 is suffering from a similar issue that affects some of the Tivo 6 tuner models....

Cisco has released TA STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901 and CC FW 1.5.3.1101 several months ago (Dec 2013?) that supposedly fixes the issue with the Tivos. The issue for the TA is that the TA slows down and there is a slow TA response when there are 4 or more requests after a while. The CC issue is that when 4 or more tuners are used the card stops decrypting certain channels. This does sound a bit like the symptoms I am seeing with the ETH6.. [so.... it may not be Cetons fault in the end... just trying to figure out the next steps].

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sh ... ost9884734
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r288827 ... r-Firmware

Called Charter but they (and 2 supervisors) of course have no idea what I am asking about... [I do miss the umattertocharter team; they used to get things done right].... Don't know if it merits an FCC report yet or not to get the FW updated....

If you are in one of these cisco markets and are able to get your provider to upgrade your CC fw and TA and it definitely resolves the issues with the 6 tuner models, please let us know....
Time is on my side.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 pm

We are not aware of any compatibility issues with any PKEY_1.5.3 firmwares, or later 1.5.2 firmwares.
As far as we know, TA firmware 1601 or later is sufficient.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

kp4akb

Post by kp4akb » Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 pm

After having PlayReady problems mixed with lack of subscription access , weak signal I finally called Time Warner. I spent 1 hr with a tech in Buffalo who owns a Ceton 6. He spent all his time trouble shooting the TA adapter and found that it was definitely a software problem. Tried to load new software into the TA remotely but did not succeed. He and his supervisor said that the TA needed to be replaced. I replaced it and "Knock on Wood" it is all working. The TA software version is: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901 He also suggested that when I have problems that I should call them so that they can rule out their system. I have posted their Phone number before.

Let's see how long this works
Ed Rios