TV Guide only partially working

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
FMinMI

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Guide only partially working

Post by FMinMI » Sat May 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced a problem with downloading the TV guide recently? I have the ETH6 and it has worked great for over 6 months so long as I reboot the main computer daily and the ETH6 ~monthly. But just a few days ago when I went to the channel guide to record a new show, I found that only a few channels (the primary ones -NBC,CBS, PBS,FOX and ABC) had the show information. All the other cable channels showed NO DATA AVAILABLE.

So I manually did a GET LATEST GUIDE LISTINGS on the primary/media center computer (that does all the recording and also has an Echo attached to it) and got a message saying the Guide couldn't be downloaded. I then tried the guide on my other 2 computers (also WIN7 SP1). They too gave the same error. I am at a loss as to why a few channels show good guide information while the bulk so no data (but of course I can tune those channels and watch video with no problem). I am running MY CHANNEL LOGOS but I bought/installed that over 2 months ago. I have not updated any software/firmware recently (in fact I had froze updates on the main PC since I finally got things working great).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Frank
Michigan

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm

No suggestions for the ETH6.

The guide is OK till May 15 in 48103. Have you tried to setup the guide using the neighboring zip.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sat May 03, 2014 6:56 pm

I've had this happen more than once. Not sure why. You'll have to run TV setup again which means you will have to edit your channels again.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

The guide comes from WMC, not the InfiniTV. As others have mentioned, try re-running TV setup.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sat May 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Crash2009 wrote:No suggestions for the ETH6.

The guide is OK till May 15 in 48103. Have you tried to setup the guide using the neighboring zip.
OK. Thanks.

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sat May 03, 2014 8:06 pm

mcewinter wrote:I've had this happen more than once. Not sure why. You'll have to run TV setup again which means you will have to edit your channels again.
OK. That fixed it but alas, all that editing to do now...

Thanks.

Frank

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sat May 03, 2014 8:07 pm

erkotz wrote:The guide comes from WMC, not the InfiniTV. As others have mentioned, try re-running TV setup.
OK. It did fix the problem. Now I need to do it on the other 2 PCs....

Thanks

Frank

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sat May 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Guide Tool is worth the few bucks...

http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Well that sucks - rerunning the TV setup ERASES all the scheduled recordings. I am glad I tried it on the backup PC, not the primary server that records EVERYTHING.

Is there anyway to save the programs that I have setup to record? They are all series and there are a lot if I have to manually write the down and reenter them!

Thanks.

Frank

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm

FMinMI wrote:Well that sucks - rerunning the TV setup ERASES all the scheduled recordings. I am glad I tried it on the backup PC, not the primary server that records EVERYTHING.

Is there anyway to save the programs that I have setup to record? They are all series and there are a lot if I have to manually write the down and reenter them!

Thanks.

Frank
I've not experienced that when I rerun TV Signal Setup. It keeps the scheduled recordings for me. Just did this when I switched from FIOS to Comcast 2 weeks ago.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun May 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Same here. Running setup again always keeps my recordings. When moving schedule from one PC to another I use mcBackup.

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sun May 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Jay wrote:
FMinMI wrote:Well that sucks - rerunning the TV setup ERASES all the scheduled recordings. I am glad I tried it on the backup PC, not the primary server that records EVERYTHING.

Thanks.

Frank

I've not experienced that when I rerun TV Signal Setup. It keeps the scheduled recordings for me. Just did this when I switched from FIOS to Comcast 2 weeks ago.
So let me make sure I am doing the correct update. I go to SETTINGS then TV then TV SIGNAL and select SETUP TV SIGNAL. Right? When I did that, two shows that were scheduled for that evening were missing - there was nothing when I went to RECORDED, then VIEW SCHEDULED even though I had just manually put them there (date and time, since I couldn't use the TV GUIDE to select them). Maybe they erase date/time settings but not scheduled? That seems crazy....

I did see in the next post there is a way to backup stuff and another person suggested yet another program. Will have to investigate.

Frank
Michigan

Frank

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 pm

mdavej wrote:Same here. Running setup again always keeps my recordings. When moving schedule from one PC to another I use mcBackup.
Thanks. I will check it and the other program out...

Frank
Michigan

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Mon May 05, 2014 1:44 am

mdavej wrote:Same here. Running setup again always keeps my recordings. When moving schedule from one PC to another I use mcBackup.
Well, I decided to try mcBackup on my secondary PC. So, after making all the desired channel changes, and saving one series recording, I ran mcBackup to backup, then I ran TV setup again. I then ran mcBackup to restore and confirm I kept my MC settings and recordings.

When I went to channels, I have only the ones that I selected. Fantastic! BUT when I go to the guide, I have DUPLICATE entries of each of those channels. I did update the guide, left and reentered WMC. I still have double guide listings. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Frank

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon May 05, 2014 2:27 am

I should have warned you to uncheck backup/restore the channel map. Only backup/restore your schedule. This is somewhat difficult to recover from as I recall. I don't remember exactly how to do it.

FMinMI

Post by FMinMI » Mon May 05, 2014 1:13 pm

mdavej wrote:I should have warned you to uncheck backup/restore the channel map. Only backup/restore your schedule. This is somewhat difficult to recover from as I recall. I don't remember exactly how to do it.
Bummer...