HDCP Support Required error

dabears900

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDCP Support Required error

Post by dabears900 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:09 am

I have Windows 7 Media center running on my laptop which is connected to the TV via HDMI which uses an HD Homerun Prime with a comcast cable card with tuner adapter. It was working great until about a week ago when I started getting "HDCP Support Required" message every time I try to watch live TV. I can still record and watch TV without an issue.

Here is what i've tried:
  • Replacing the HDMI cord
    rerunning TV setup
    Rebooting computer/tuner adapter/HD Homerun/Router
    Deleting the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\ contents and redo TV signal setup

When I get this error I can restore the Media Center Window and the live TV will start working and the issue will go away. I can then make it full screen again and it works great. I can change channels and everything. However once I stop live TV or watch a recorded video and then try to go back to live TV I get the same error and have to restore/full screen again to get live tv.

I'm at a loss of what else I can try to without formatting my computer and starting over with the nuclear option.

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:25 am

2 displays are going to give you problems. I assume you have the laptop set to extend display's? Sometimes the HDCP errors can be eliminated by setting the laptop display to "clone".