Media Center Sound Problem

JustMe22

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Sound Problem

Post by JustMe22 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 am

Hello,

I have Windows 7 and I KNOW my sounds are not muted as ALL my computer sounds are working when this happens except for windows live or recorded programs. The video and audio will be working just fine but then suddenly the sound stops working while the video still works fine! If I reboot my computer the sounds will start working again! Sometimes it's a long time between this happening while other times it happens within a few minutes of starting windows media center live. I also went through the set up speakers and that did not stop the problem. It's strange the way the sounds will work just fine for a long time but then suddenly stops working and then happens frequently within minutes after re start. By the way I am no good at computer lingo LOL so hope I can understand any possible solutions given :)

miracleed

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by miracleed » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm

JustMe,
Are you using an integrated graphics/ soundcard or do you have a second party one? My sound is controlled through my graphics card via hdmi cable to my receiver and I control the volume through the receiver. I have noticed that the little blue volume box in the upper right hand corner of the screen will often look like it has been set to zero even though I hear sound fine. I think that my server's sound settings are some how getting corrupted by something that I have running or at least the sound gets confused by the sound card - windows media center settings.