All my pixelation issues disappeared when I moved

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
scyto

HTPC Specs: Show details

All my pixelation issues disappeared when I moved

Post by scyto » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 pm

I know there are lots of threads on this issue. I had issues with Ceton tuners at 2 apartments and one house. Pixelation, odd framerate issues etc. For me all this disappeared when I did the following:
1) moved to an NVidia GTX 670 card on my MCE machine
2) dropped the use of the echo and went back to 360 as an extender
3) moved house in Nov - this is I think the killer item, since we have been in this house everything is great, I think this speaks to issues with the lines either in houses or from the street, I think it is likely to be more complicated than just SNR and including things like ringing, interference from power lines etc.

Not sure how / if that can help.

On another note, given Ceton seem to have gone silent on their customers (hmm perhaps I will just go their office, they are only a couple of miles away from me) does anyone know if silicon dust plan on doing a new version of Prime with all their new streaming features?

RyC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by RyC » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah the transcoding Prime was supposed to come out last year, but that didn't happen and it seems their efforts now are focused on getting a 6 tuner non-transcoding Prime out any day now.