Intermittent loss of tuner card - Probably sleep related

tblockey

HTPC Specs: Show details

Intermittent loss of tuner card - Probably sleep related

Post by tblockey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm

SO I have started having problems with my Hauppauge 2250 card and Windows Media Center with Windows 8.

I noticed I was missing quite a few recordings and every time I would check to see if I could watch live tv I would get an error message stating no tuner card found. I reboot the computer and all works. Then after a while I would get the same issue. I palyed with NEXTPVR and got the same problem so I ruled out WMC.

I started to play with putting my computer into sleep mode and that seems to trigger it (not every time but maybe even most of the time).

I turned off sleep and will see if I still have the problem but don't want to leave my computer on all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions?

I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 8.1 but not sure my video card supports it and I am not sure if that will change anything.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:53 pm

I've not been able to figure this out myself so for now, I leave my PC's on. But, I miss sleep mode working like it did when I first had W7 and sleep working well. And with summer coming and warmer temps in my house, my home office is really hot with 2 PC's on all the time. Even away mode doesn't make things better.

offroad

Post by offroad » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Have had my network card disconnect the HTPC for some unknown reason. That will not wake up and allow recordings. Might be similar but under win7 for me.