Adding and removing tuners

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
soccerdad

HTPC Specs: Show details

Adding and removing tuners

Post by soccerdad » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:58 pm

I am a long time gbpvr/nextpvr user. I recently got a DCR-2650 and due to the monsters at Time Warner Cable, I have moved to WMC since everything is copy flagged.
My DVR system has been running steady and stable for about 2 years with a Hauppauge HVR-1800. It seems not to play nice with the DCR since I now have tons of times the HVR-1800 refuses to start, or in WMC, is never used. (even though it is the top priority tuner). I pulled it out and put it in another NextPVR box and it works fine.

Anyway, as I have tried to troubleshoot all of this, I have removed and reinstalled the HVR card. Is there a way to re-setup just a single new card in WMC7 without haveing to re-setup all of the cards? I just want to kill all of the HVR settings and leave all of the DCR channels alone. Then add the DCR back in and reconfigure it. From what I see, the only way you can add cards is through the Set Up TV Signal, and then it scans for tuners and blows out all the configuration.

Is there any way to see what tuners are active besides the 411 + info button? Troubleshooting this is tough since most of the workings seem to be well hidden. But I am new at this program so I am sure I am missing a lot of tricks.

Thanks

Fleadh

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Fleadh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:06 am

addding and removing tuners means your back to square one. Using the full guidetool backup of your linup helps a small bit but really, its a PITA.

I think using DVBLOGIC to manage your tuners gives you closer to NExt pvr functionality.