TWC New Channel Listing Not Updated

PeteS457

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC New Channel Listing Not Updated

Post by PeteS457 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:16 pm

Time Warner cable has been announcing a drastic reorganization of their channel listings for weeks now. Today (March 11) it took effect. So today, I'm receiving programs on the new channels - but the Guide has not been updated by Zap2It. Ugghh. Anyway, I'm hoping posting the information here will help get the Guide channel listings corrected. Thanks.

Media Center
Ceton InfiniTV
Chapel Hill, NC - Zip 27516

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Contact Zap2It. They don't read these forums. You should contact them directly.

PeteS457

Post by PeteS457 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks. Just sent them a message. Hopefully they will respond rather quickly.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Most people report that it takes Zap2It a couple of days to correct their listings, and then another couple of days for those changes to appear in Media Center.

PeteS457

Post by PeteS457 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:34 pm

It was fixed this afternoon. You have to setup the TV signal again and there will be a choice of provider as "Time Warner Cable - Digital Upgrade". At least that what I had to do for zip 27516.

POPEPN

Post by POPEPN » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 pm

PeteS457 wrote:It was fixed this afternoon. You have to setup the TV signal again and there will be a choice of provider as "Time Warner Cable - Digital Upgrade". At least that what I had to do for zip 27516.
Just to follow up on what Pete stated. I was able to update my channel listings last night and it went way smoother than I was expecting. I used zip code 27703 and the "Time Warner Cable - Digital Upgrade" option. There are two items though that I want to mention to anyone who is getting ready to run the TV Signal Setup again.

1) Before you run the TV Signal Setup process in WMC you may want to document your favorite channel listings and what stations are associated with each listing. I lost mine during the TV Signal Setup process, but had documented each of them before running the process so they were no problem to set up again.

2) Be aware that since all of the channel numbers changed that this will in all likelihood mess up your Series and Scheduled recordings. I had to go in and re-associate all of our series recordings that were tied to a specific channel to the correct channels.

Once again, the process was much smoother than I was expecting. It maybe took an hour and that includes the time it took to document all of the favorite channel listings and updating the series recordings.

PeteS457

Post by PeteS457 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Yep. I had to do all the things POPEPN explained in detail - and I agree it was much easier than expected. It took me about 15-20 minutes to re-setup my series info with the new channels. I use My Channel Logos and all of the channel logos automatically went with the correct new channel number, so no work there. I will have to go back and hide all the channels I don't use (Spanish language, etc) and all the On Demand stuff WMC users can't get anyway in the Edit Channels setup, but I'll wait a few days until I'm comfortable with the new channel lineup before doing that. We'll see if I'm still happy in a few days, but I don't foresee any big setup problems associated with the new channel listings.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Also keep in mind the upgrade lineup is temporary. In a few weeks or months it gets replaced by the original lineup name and you'll have to run setup again. Happened in my market a few months ago.