Taskbar Focus over WMC? Confused...

Cerdinak

HTPC Specs: Show details

Taskbar Focus over WMC? Confused...

Post by Cerdinak » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a problem which I'm totally perplexed on. I'm running Windows 8.1 and Windows Media Center since November 2013, and before it have been running Windows 8 since October 2012. I haven't had any issues and it worked pretty well.
However, Since February 2014 - anytime my system goes unused for a period of time - I come back my TV and media center is loaded but the taskbar is on top of it - requiring me to get the keyboard and click on the WMC to bring it back into focus so the remote control works again. This has become very frustrating. :crazy:

Any clue to help?

Thanks so much in advance!
Cerd

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Cerdinak wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a problem which I'm totally perplexed on. I'm running Windows 8.1 and Windows Media Center since November 2013, and before it have been running Windows 8 since October 2012. I haven't had any issues and it worked pretty well.
However, Since February 2014 - anytime my system goes unused for a period of time - I come back my TV and media center is loaded but the taskbar is on top of it - requiring me to get the keyboard and click on the WMC to bring it back into focus so the remote control works again. This has become very frustrating. :crazy:

Any clue to help?

Thanks so much in advance!
Cerd

Try and set your media center to be 'on top' of everything. I think that is a setting 'always on top' or something like that.

Edited: If all you care about is not having to use the mouse, just click the green media center button on your remote. That will bring it back to the forefront. I have had it happen on occasions in windows 7. That's my work around. Good luck.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:28 pm

I don't know if this will help you on Win 8, but I had this problem on Windows 7. It turned out to be the Display setting to make everything on your desktop larger (Control Panel -> Display). When not set to the default of 100%, the taskbar misbehaves when any full-screen video application is on top.