Command to directly restore a mcepg2-0.db file?

XenonKilla

HTPC Specs: Show details

Command to directly restore a mcepg2-0.db file?

Post by XenonKilla » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:09 am

I swear at some point I ran across a post where someone had mentioned a command that you could run to manually specify which database file you wanted to load in Media Center. Was something to the effect of

C:\Windows\eHome\ehshell.exe /something mcepg2-0.db

-OR-

C:\Windows\eHome\loadmxf.exe /something mcepg2-0.db

Was something to that effect. Is there a command to do that or was I seeing something else?

famewolf

Post by famewolf » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 am

I think this has what you want: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/backup-a ... edule.html

I would however still recommend you use mcebackup(free) and let IT restore your subscriptions as an added bonus it will backup remote potato if you use it...you should avoid restoring your lineup as it will get rebuilt when you run through setup. If you have ran the load multiple times and totally borked your database you can delete the .db in the ehome dir and it will get rebuilt from scratch...then you can start over. I saw dozens of warnings about only loading the subscriptions and not one explanation of what to do if the database got hosed anyway.

XenonKilla

Post by XenonKilla » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:16 am

Nah that's not it. I know how to manually load a backup file as well as use mcbackup and seans WMC backup. Problem with using those methods is that they don't backup your recording history (history of shows that have already been recorded) So rather than use those tools I actually backup my entire Media Center folder and registry settings so when I do clean installs I don't have to start from scratch. But I'm trying to find that command if it even exists so I can see if there is another way to streamline my backup a little bit.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:58 pm

There's a thread from a few days back that has a possible solution for the "history of recorded shows" issue.

I can't post a link right now but a search should bring it up. Including 'log' and/or 'barnabas' in the history search will probably help.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

XenonKilla

Post by XenonKilla » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 pm

holidayboy wrote:There's a thread from a few days back that has a possible solution for the "history of recorded shows" issue.

I can't post a link right now but a search should bring it up. Including 'log' and/or 'barnabas' in the history search will probably help.
lol that was my thread bro. But that still doesn't have anything to do with the command I'm asking about in this thread :)

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 am

I thought your name was familiar :D

I don't remember seeing a command to load a specific db.....

I'll dig through my notes from the tvpack beta and check though as there were a few weird things I had to do to keep the database alive.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.