Bets on Anniversary Firmware Update?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 am

Wow. Imagine that. Ceton hasn't made a comment here. Who would have guessed?
Last edited by barnabas1969 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 am

I'm feeling frisky. It's really ridiculous to me when I read posts about how the InfiniTV tuners "disappear" or whatever. It amazes me when someone buys 5 or 10 Echos, when they know that Ceton isn't backing them with one iota of support... and then they ask questions like, "Why doesn't my Echo load the latest firmware?"

Really?

I have a couple of questions for you folks:

1) Have you ever heard of anyone saying, "My HD HomeRun PRIME tuners are disappearing"?

2) How about, "My Xbox360 won't load the latest firmware update"?

Maybe it's time to get a clue.

Nah! I'm just a heretic. Call me Galileo, or how about Copernicus?

Oops! They were banned too! (disclaimer: I hope you're not a member of the Flat Earth Society, but if you are, it will make me laugh even harder!) Imagine that. I know, people don't like the truth when it hurts. Sorry, I'm just honest like that. I know that I'm abrasive to some people. That's the story of my life. People either love me or hate me. There is no in-between... and I actually prefer it that way. I always know who is on my side. Some people appreciate a person who will tell them the truth no matter what. Everyone else can take a hike.

Oh! And I just love it when people recommend putting a FAN on an InfiniTV tuner. Funny how the HD HomeRun tuners just work. "Look Ma! No FANS!"

Oh, how I wish you could hear me laugh. I have two HD HomeRun PRIME tuners and two HD HomeRun (HDHR3-US - "dual") tuners. All work fine. All have been powered on continuously, in a closet that hovers around 85F all year round. And, all "just work". Imagine that!

At one point, I had two PRIME tuners stacked on top of one another. They were sitting on top of my Tuning Adapters, which were also stacked on top of one another. They were so hot to the touch, that it was actually uncomfortable to touch them.

But... THEY WORKED RELIABLY!

I eventually stood the tuners and TA's on end, because that made more sense for their longevity... but still... they worked!

There are those whose Ceton tuners and/or Echo's work fine. That's great for those people. The problem lies in the failure rate of Ceton devices.

Let's say that 5000 people bought Ceton InfiniTV4 PCIe tuners. Now, let's say that 10% of those post here on a regular basis (that's probably a high number). So, assuming a very high percentage, 500 InfiniTV users post here regularly. Of those, how many can you count who reported issues? Even it it was only 10, which I believe is a very low number, that's 2%. Now, imagine if Ford had a 2% failure rate. They would be out of business in a heartbeat.

'Nuff said.

dabretty

Post by dabretty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:06 am

Anybody know this guy's address, so we can call in a psych hold for his benefit?

Seriously, I could not dedicate the necessary time to read your rambling post ... hopefully you can find a better use of yours in the future.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:44 pm

dabretty wrote:Anybody know this guy's address, so we can call in a psych hold for his benefit?

Seriously, I could not dedicate the necessary time to read your rambling post ... hopefully you can find a better use of yours in the future.

All in all he seems like a nice guy, very helpful to everyone on here for sure. I think he may have been hitting the sauce again on that rant? I could be wrong.

dabretty

Post by dabretty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Agreed. Maybe he'll wake up this morning and think "I wrote that?"

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 pm

dabretty wrote:Agreed. Maybe he'll wake up this morning and think "I wrote that?"

If he does I am sure he will do so with great pride in his eyes.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:26 pm

This article could shed some light on the subject.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/i ... ternet.htm

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:37 am

Well, the anniversary came and went, with little fanfare.

ucfknight

Post by ucfknight » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 pm

ajhieb wrote:Well, the anniversary came and went, with little fanfare.
In my head played the sad trombone sound... wah wah wah wahhhhhhhh

rmalbers

Post by rmalbers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm so glad I send mine back to Amazon, usually I get caught on stuff like this giving companies the benefit of the doubt. I was really hoping the Echo would work out and keep coming back here every once in a while to see if there is any good news.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:33 pm

rmalbers wrote:I'm so glad I send mine back
^+1
rmalbers wrote:I was really hoping the Echo would work out
^+1 - but now that I have decided to go with XBox360-S, I'm much more satisfied anyway. Even if the Echo was fixed, it would have never been as good as the XBox.

rmalbers

Post by rmalbers » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:49 pm

My original xbox 360 quit last august, I really didn't use it as an extender much because it was so loud, I got an xbox 360 s then (aug) and it is really nice, I just hope it lasts, there is plenty of real hot air that comes out the top of it, LOL!

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Definitely don't block the air vents on the Xbox360, and don't put it in a closed cabinet either.