WMC live tv changes resolution from HD to 1680x1050?

Howdoin

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC live tv changes resolution from HD to 1680x1050?

Post by Howdoin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:25 am

This weird problem started happening out of the blue and I can't seem to fix it.

HTPC was stable for several months and just today when I want to watch love TV the screen goes black for a few seconds, screen shows error popup "windows need to be be set to 32bits color" (or something close) and WMC then shows love TV in small window.

Checking setting the PC is still set to full HD 1920x1080 (shows full screen on desktop, screen resolution shows 1920x1089 so does CCC and color is set to 32bits.

However inside WMC it shows resolution at 1680x1050... I rerun the screen setup and can watch my recorded TV shows and MKV at full Screen (HD) but as soon as I start Live TV resolution inside WMC jumps back to 1680x1050 !!!

I looked everywhere, updated drivers for CCC to latest and even tried a restore to yesterday but to no avail. Errors keeps coming back and all works but I have black bars all around when watching LIve TV (and if I watch a recorded TV or movie afterwards unless I rerun the tv setup).

Saw some other people with same error online but no solution.

Anybody has an idea aside from doing a full reinstall?

Howdoin

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Howdoin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Looks like I found the culprit : Media Control.

For some reason and despite the fact that the config was never changed Media Control was switching the resolution for live tv.

Made sure to select 1920x1080 59hz in both WMC and Media Control and unchecked the box for "change rate for live tv".

Seems to have done it for now.