HDMI switching issues

phatrick

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDMI switching issues

Post by phatrick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:20 am

Hello all!

I have an issue I was hoping to have some help with. I've searched for some solutions on this site and others, and tried most of the suggestions other than using the Gefen HDMI detective (I'm trying to avoid spending more money).
My current setup is an Asus laptop running WMC7 connected to a Toshiba 37e200U TV. I get cable TV through an HDHomerun Prime.
The issue is whenever I wake my laptop from sleep and try to play any live TV, I get an error reading "Video error - FIles needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer."
Turning the TV on first and then waking the computer does not fix the problem (which I have read may often fix these handshake issues). The only two ways of fixing the issue at this point are to leave my TV on and:
1. Restart my computer, or
2. Close WMC, Unplug the HDMI cord, lift the laptop screen up (turning on the laptop screen), plug the HDMI cord back in, then close the laptop screen.
If I try to unplug and re-plug the HDMI cord without following those steps exactly, the error will persist.
All of my video/audio drivers are up to date, TV firmware is up to date, etc. Once I do the steps above, the live TV will continue to work with absolutely no issues. Again, this only happens when I put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up again, and it only affects watching live TV (recordings, videos, Netflix, etc. all work fine). My girlfriend and I are used to do doing the #2 routine to be able to watch TV now, but it sure would be nice to be able to avoid doing it (first world problem, I know).

Thanks for any advice!

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:48 am

I have never actually experienced that one, but I have read that usually an audio adjustment fixes it. Check this out for directions http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... a32?page=1