WMC Not accurately seeing available space

millerduck

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Not accurately seeing available space

Post by millerduck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm

My system is continually deleting recordings or not recording scheduled shows due to lack of disk space. The issue is that the WMC interface is setup to record to D: (931GB Drive) with 623 GB free. Prior to hitting the ~600 GB free range, I didn't see this. I use a 360 Extender as the primary device for watching live and recorded TV. Rarely have WMC open on the main box.

I have seen some mention of permissions issues under Windows 8 upgrades but I am running a clean Win 7 x64 install.

Has anyone else seen or dealt with this? A few recommended fixes look like they would blank my recording schedule and I would prefer to avoid that.

MD

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Someone else had this happen after they cloned the machine. Try and point your save drive to another drive and then back. Media Center does not update after the clone. I am assuming you cloned this machine? If not then please disregard.

millerduck

Post by millerduck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 pm

IownFIVEechos wrote:Someone else had this happen after they cloned the machine. Try and point your save drive to another drive and then back. Media Center does not update after the clone. I am assuming you cloned this machine? If not then please disregard.
No clone, clean install. I will probably try your suggestion anyway. Can't hurt right?

Any others?

Thanks,
MD

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:20 pm

millerduck wrote:
IownFIVEechos wrote:Someone else had this happen after they cloned the machine. Try and point your save drive to another drive and then back. Media Center does not update after the clone. I am assuming you cloned this machine? If not then please disregard.
No clone, clean install. I will probably try your suggestion anyway. Can't hurt right?

Any others?

Thanks,
MD
You can also see if you have a quota set or something of that nature. I forget the setting but max it out. Are you actually seeing the whole drive and most of it available in the bar graph etc?

millerduck

Post by millerduck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 pm

IownFIVEechos wrote: You can also see if you have a quota set or something of that nature. I forget the setting but max it out. Are you actually seeing the whole drive and most of it available in the bar graph etc?
I have it set to max out (whole drive) and the bar graph is showing it correctly as available. There is no indication in the WMC interface of any issue. Just messages that shows are not recording due to lack of space. Messages in recorded TV history show "XXX was not recorded due to lack of disk space".

MD

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:47 pm

I had this happen recently as well, couldn't figure it out. Then I checked scheduled recordings and saw it was scheduled to record 10 shows in a row (1 hour HD) that were repeats but thought they were new. So it was marking recordings for deletion in anticipation of that marathon. I canceled those and it was back to normal. It might have went away with a guide update as well. Anyway, worth checking if that is your issue as well.

millerduck

Post by millerduck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:55 pm

3rob3 wrote:I had this happen recently as well, couldn't figure it out. Then I checked scheduled recordings and saw it was scheduled to record 10 shows in a row (1 hour HD) that were repeats but thought they were new. So it was marking recordings for deletion in anticipation of that marathon. I canceled those and it was back to normal. It might have went away with a guide update as well. Anyway, worth checking if that is your issue as well.
Not seeing this, but thanks for the idea of things to look for. Keep 'em coming guys.

Thanks,
MD

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 am

Check gphil's resolution here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 730#p64730

Pretty sure this is the issue IownFIVEechos was referring to and you already said this was a clean install, but worth a look.