Editing Recording Length

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dmccall

HTPC Specs: Show details

Editing Recording Length

Post by dmccall » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:18 pm

About 90% of what I do with the Ceton app is set recordings of basketball and football games. I generally like recordings to go 60 minutes beyond the program guides time block. This can be done within Media Center, but can it be done from the Ceton app? I'd love to have an Edit icon where I can change the length of the recording from the app without having to dive into my Media Center's UI to click Select 10X to edit the length.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:45 pm

You can extend recordings in the app, but you can only do it before the recording starts. Once the recording has begun, I have not found a way to extend it.
To extend a recording:
First, set the program to record as you normally would from the guide. Go back to the home screen of the app, and select "Scheduled Recordings." Select the recording that you just created (you may have to refresh the list manually for the recording to appear.)
On the recording details screen, there is an icon at the top that looks like a couple of slider bars. Click the slider bars, and you'll be prompted with custom start and stop times.
Pick your custom times - Hit the save icon, and you're done.

dmccall

Post by dmccall » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:42 pm

(I thought I had followed up on this, sorry).

UCBearcat, thanks for the heads up on this. I will definitely use this.

However, if any of the Ceton guys are reading, I think the menu to extend the recording length should be accessible from the program details page. Perhaps in the IF routine (that puts the white X on the Record Show dot) add the Slider Bar icon to either the Program Name row or the Program Details row of the tableview.

The inconsistency between the two Program Details tableviews is confusing.