Vote for Microsoft to add InfiniTV suport to the Xbox One

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kingwr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by kingwr » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

I don't see sending two messages from this community that either the return of MCE support to the XBox One OR support for live TV from a Ceton tuner would be OK as being productive. That's essentially saying "we want the (somewhat) mature and full functionality of the Media Center ecosystem OR we are willing to start with a first step of live TV from a tuner and wait another 12 years for it to evolve into something with WMC-like functionality."

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

kingwr wrote:I don't see sending two messages from this community that either the return of WMC support to the XBox One OR support for live TV from a Ceton tuner would be OK as being productive. That's essentially saying "we want the (somewhat) mature and full functionality of the Media Center ecosystem OR we are willing to start with a first step of live TV from a tuner and wait another 12 years for it to evolve into something with WMC-like functionality."
But I think many of us view the Media Center vote as somewhat futile. I voted for it but don't have high hopes.

For me the larger goal is the continuation of a more homespun alternative to cable boxes (in addition to Tivo). It's possible that the xb1 + network tuner implementation would suck, but MS's pass-through solution is most definitely garbage. Maybe these polls taken together will at least indicate that there is a user community that is flexible and willing to do a little work to make a more acceptable solution.

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:52 am

What happened to the topic!? It disappeared and now there is a new topic with many fewer votes. Man Ceton can't catch a break.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 am

Apparently simply enabling support for the InfiniTV line of tuners was not sufficient. Now the request is for a hardware add-on to the Xbox One that integrates an InfiniTV-6 and DVR functionality. So let me get this straight: You want Microsoft to develop the Q?