Guide has double listings for every channel

Ramzes

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide has double listings for every channel

Post by Ramzes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Short term lerker, first time poster. I have gleaned alot of information from this forum over the past month or so and would like to thank everyone here for their indirect help with questions I have had.

I built a smaller HTPC using a Zotac Zbox (the one I had running was actually my gaming rig and was pretty loud). I noticed after I finally got WMC configured to begin watching television (using hd home run prime with cable card) that the guide shows double listings for every channel in my lineup. Now, I pretty much configured everything as it was on my gaming rig and that one does not have this issue.

Can I just delete my guide data and start over? If so, where is this data located?
or, is this something that will eventually cure itself after 15 days?

My specs if it helps:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit - MCL XL - Zotac Zbox AD06 - AMD E2-1800 - Radeon 7340 - 4gb 1333 mhz ram - 120 gb Patriot Pyro SSD - WD 1tb usb 3.0 HDD - Gigabit LAN
HD Homerun Prime Ethernet device - Verizon Fios Cablecard

EDIT: I have rerun the TV setup procedure after rebooting and then rebooted after running again.
Last edited by Ramzes on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:42 pm

I ran into the same problem when I used the scan for more channels function in media center.
I had to run TV setup again from the beginning.
Tasks/settings/TV/TV signal/Setup TV signal.

Ramzes

Post by Ramzes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Thank you,

After seeing your response, I did edit my OP. I had already rerun the tv setup procedure twice.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Had that issue once too. Had to delete some files first. Can't give any more details until tomorrow night.

Ramzes

Post by Ramzes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:21 pm

mdavej wrote:Had that issue once too. Had to delete some files first. Can't give any more details until tomorrow night.
Thank you, any help is much appreciated. This isn't a mission critical issue but I know my wife will find it slightly annoying :lol:

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Until you know which files to delete,you could uncheck duplicate channels in the guide setup/edit channels.
That would at least make it less annoying,but is a bit of work.

Ramzes

Post by Ramzes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:13 pm

leroys1000 wrote:Until you know which files to delete,you could uncheck duplicate channels in the guide setup/edit channels.
That would at least make it less annoying,but is a bit of work.
I hadn't thought to look there yet. I went into edit channels and much to my surprise, they are not showing double there. So it only really shows the channel listings doubled up in the guide.

This apparently has no bearing on my recordings either; it only records once per channel instead of using two tuners to record twice. My wife noticed last night though that when you use channel up or down, it will show the same channel, requiring us to hit the channel up/down twice to actually change the station.

I am debating on uninstalling media center, running ccleaner, rebooting, and then reinstalling it. But my previous question about file location: Is all of media center's files located in the Windows\ehome directory? if so, after i unistall media center do you think I can go ahead and remove the folder as well?

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:15 am

I gererally refrain for deleting folders like that as it can cause problems.
You might try running a command prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow from the command line.
Let it run until completed,then reboot.
See if that doesn't reset the files to default.
Other than that,you might try running the whole media center setup from the beginning and see if it clears it.
Here's a posting on how to delete the media center database file if you want to try that........
http://www.ehow.com/how_7158323_clear-w ... enter.html

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 am

Sorry for the late reply. Leroys beat me to it. His link is exactly what I did. Then I re-ran the TV signal setup, and the dups were gone. Nothing short of deleting those files would work.

Ramzes

Post by Ramzes » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

leroys1000 wrote:I gererally refrain for deleting folders like that as it can cause problems.
You might try running a command prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow from the command line.
Let it run until completed,then reboot.
See if that doesn't reset the files to default.
Other than that,you might try running the whole media center setup from the beginning and see if it clears it.
Here's a posting on how to delete the media center database file if you want to try that........
http://www.ehow.com/how_7158323_clear-w ... enter.html
yep the link worked like a charm (I had to enable hidden folders first) thank you so much. one thing for others though...all scheduled recordings were wiped.
this is no big deal for me though since the double guide began to get quite annoying. Cheers fellas :D