Trying to fix my extenders (DMA2100)

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
TyCrum

HTPC Specs: Show details

Trying to fix my extenders (DMA2100)

Post by TyCrum » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:48 am

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a fix for my problem. I have been using 2 DMA2100's for several years, suddenly I cannot watch live tv or play back recorded tv on either of the devices. I get audio, no video. I use media browser with transcode 360 and can still watch videos on the extenders using media browser. On my HTPC I can view live tv and recorded tv, the problem just exists on the extenders. Every once in a while it will show video for a second, then it blocks up and quits. I've tested the bandwidth over and over and have no issues there.

I hadn't installed any software recently so I assumed it was a Microsoft update that was causing the issue, but system restore did no good. I deleted both extenders from media center and reconfigured them with no joy. I assumed it was a codec or transcoding error but I have no idea what that process is WMC. I was thinking of deleting media center completely and reinstalling but I'm not certain how that will affect my current recording (I use a PCI-E Ceton 4 tuner w/cable card). A summary of my setup is below.

- Windows 7 Professional SP1 / x64
- Quad Core CPU, 8GB RAM
- Ceton Infitv 4 Tuner PCI
- 100 MB Wired connections
- Media Browser/ Transcode 360

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Do you have a second PC you could connect themt to to see if you can replicate the issue or if you are able to see video from that PC? That should help narrow down the issue to being an extender or PC issue?

Even a laptop would suffice most likely as the PC for the purposes of testing (use the wired ethernet port if you have one on the laptop).

If it turns out being the PC, try uninstalling updates/codec packs, etc and see if that helps, otherwise you might be stuck with reinstalling WMC or Windows.

TyCrum

Post by TyCrum » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm

I do have a laptop and an USB TV tuner that I can set up, hopefully the tuner will work with media center. I'll give that A try. Do you know if I would have DRM issue on previous recordings if I uninstall and reinstall WMC? I hate to blow the whole PC away, but if I would lose the recordings doing a reinstall, I might as well do a full rebuild....
Thanks for your response.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 am

I don't think re-installing WMC only will trigger a DRM reset, but I am not 100% certain.

Here's a past discussion on DRM and what causes a reset.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=5&t=6046

Probably the best thing to do is set a restore point before trying to uninstall and re-install WMC. If it breaks the DRM, theoretically you can restore from a previous restore point before you uninstalled WMC.

TyCrum

Post by TyCrum » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 am

I was able to set WMC up on my laptop and usb tuner. The extenders work fine with it. Guess I'll have to dig into the codecs or try reinstalling...