Will the Ceton Echo work in England?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jad007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Will the Ceton Echo work in England?

Post by jad007 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:06 pm

After using 5 Linksys DM2100 for about 6 years or so, they are starting to break down. I need to start replacing them..... There is the Xbox360 which i have tried but didn't like...

Then i've heard of the ceton echo system! A current model! Will this work in England? If so where can i get 1 from. Amazom.com will sell at $99.99 but wont ship to UK! Is there anywhere else please?

Many thanks

jad007

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Topic should be,

will it work in England, US or anywhere?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:48 pm

I use my Echo every day for live/recorded TV and it has no problem with UK Freeview HD or Freesat HD (other than a known stutter type bug that occurs when the aspect ratio swaps between 4:3 and 16:9).

It does have issues when it comes to playback of certain file types/bitrates. There are plenty of threads with lively discussions regarding that.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

jad007

Post by jad007 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Where can i get one from?

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Why not just build some cheap itx, PC's? Haswell pentiums are £40...
the echo is obviously poor or ceton wouldn't have retreated from this forum so rapidly...
if you do buy one make t from somewhere with a good returns policy is my advice!
you could also get dvblink tvsource for true network tuner capabilities?
Lee

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:37 am

I will gladly buy one on Amazon/Newegg/e-bay, and re-sell it to you for the purchase cost (including shipping) and re-list it for you, but you must pay my total cost including my purchase price, shipping from the original seller to me, e-bay fees (which I will add to the "handling fees") and shipping to you in the UK. I will provide invoices to prove my costs. I will make no profit on the sale. However, I will offer no warrantee/guarantee/promise whatsoever that the device will do anything.

I won't promise that it will power-on, play video, play audio, blink lights, make you happy, or even pretend to be a working extender for Microsoft Windows Media Center. I will, however, guarantee that it will make an excellent paper weight. I will promise that it will work to hold a piece of paper in a mild wind. It does an excellent job of doing so, and that is all.

DigiTechMedia

Post by DigiTechMedia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 am

I'll make u a better deal than amazon. I turned mine off shortly after beta was over and never used again. I was one of the few that held out hopes after the return period hoping for android or newer firmware that would allow the extender to function as well as the Xbox or close to it. Its just gathering dust at the moment. PM me if interested.

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:50 am

I have 3 in the UK, working roughly OK. Could do with a firmware upgrade at some point to work out the remaining bugs but in general for now they are "fine".

I was on the Beta and bought my additional two when I was in the US, however there is a PO Box delivery service in the US that you can use as a postal address that will ship to the UK if you have no luck from here.