Channels change by themselves

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JackatForum

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channels change by themselves

Post by JackatForum » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

Seems to be always something. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI in a Windows 7 Pro/64 PC.

WMC is set to record a TV show (one of many 2 at that time). It says it records it. I start watching it. The show starts but a few seconds later it then changes to a different channel.

This has happened more than once on, if I remember, on different channels.

What can this be? How do I fit it?

I don't know how anyone can replace cablebox with it since I have nothing of problems.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm

JackatForum wrote:Seems to be always something. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI in a Windows 7 Pro/64 PC.

WMC is set to record a TV show (one of many 2 at that time). It says it records it. I start watching it. The show starts but a few seconds later it then changes to a different channel.

This has happened more than once on, if I remember, on different channels.

What can this be? How do I fit it?

I don't know how anyone can replace cablebox with it since I have nothing of problems.

Possibly a sticky key? perhaps an "x" or a "t" :mrgreen:

When you watch the recorded show, does it still record the correct show? A sticky key would change what is being displayed, but recording should remain unchanged.

What remote are you using?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Take a look in your WMC event log for starters.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:34 pm

JackatForum wrote:Seems to be always something. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI in a Windows 7 Pro/64 PC.

What does that mean? Is a second recording beginning as scheduled when the channel change happens, despite there being more than enough tuners to handle the recordings?

JackatForum

Post by JackatForum » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 pm

erkotz, Since I am about 3 weeks behind in watching shows I will have to pay more attention to find out what is in the WM event viewer. I do get a number of 'No TV signals'.

Crawfish, I have the WMC set to record a number of shows. Usually no more than 2 at one time. When I go to watch the show the show appears in the WMC list, the file name is there with the show, channel, date/time, etc. But when I watch it the correct show starts but a few seconds later it is a different show from a different channel.

blueiedgod, I have no idea what you mean by sticky key comments. I select the shows by the guide. X's and T's don't come into play.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 am

Go to Recorded TV, then click on Scheduled, then click on History. Look in history for the show you saw that was truncated and see what it says. It'll tell you the start and stop time and the tuner. If there was a problem, it will show up there as well. If you haven't cleared the history it'll go back forever. That will give you some more information to see if you're getting "was manually stopped for use by another device" or "tuner error" or something else.

You can also check that all four of your tuners will work in media center by going to the guide and to a channel and right clicking and choose edit channel, then edit sources, and uncheck all but one tuner, then save, save and try tuning the channel. Repeat until you've checked all four tuners for the channel. You might have some issue where MC thinks there is a different number of tuners available and is taking a command for another show to record since it is out of tuners.

If you've enabled network tuners and have some assigned to another machine, that will prevent this machine from using those tuners.

JackatForum

Post by JackatForum » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Here is an example of a short recording. WMC History says: it recorded as scheduled last night from 7:58 to 9:04PM Eastern. Marcel: Agents of Shield on NBC but file size is only 5,888 meg not the 6Gis as expected. It starts and ends in about 3 seconds. Nothing in the Media Center event log for that time.

But there were entries a bit later for other shows again 'Not TV signal'.

The WMC history does have 4 entries that Sons of Anarchy was not recorded due to 'No TV Signal' which is probably the same as the event log.

So why all these 'No TV signals'?
Why does WMC thing that we recorded an hour's worth and only have 3 seconds??

No network tuners, no other devices or extensions.

Trying to to test on each of the 4 tuners.

JackatForum

Post by JackatForum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:10 am

When disabling all but 1 tuner for a particular channel they all have Quality 100%.

JackatForum

Post by JackatForum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:15 am

Now on 11/26 WMC was set to record Marvel: Agents of Shield. at 8PM on ABC. It recorded Channel 1013 (Brighthouse new13) instead. WMC history shows recorded normally.
Media Center event log has the same Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Repairs started recording on 11/26/2013 7:59:08 PM and stopped on 11/26/2013 9:04:01 PM as scheduled.

The show starts with the wrong channel not like the others that changed the channel after a few seconds.

This file was also short at about 82k

HELP!!!!

JackatForum

Post by JackatForum » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:59 am

Here's another strangeness. 11/26 NCIS LA was recorded. It only recorded 53 mins not 60. It is not in the WMC history nor in the MC Event log. The file is still there at 4.5G which is short. It still shows in Recorded TV.

My WMC / Ceton is haunted:-(

Ideas!!!