Help! Something wrong with my InfiniTV ETH6

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
acraigl

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help! Something wrong with my InfiniTV ETH6

Post by acraigl » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Woke up this morning to 'no tuners found'. Tried to power cycle the ETH and it just blinks blue without ever going solid. I think this has something to do with IP address, but everything else is find on my network. The PC after a reboot can't locate the tuner. What should I do?

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:46 pm

If you log into your router and look at your DHCP clients list, is the Ceton tuner in there?
If you ping that IP address, what is the result?
If you open that IP address in internet explorer, what is the result?

If it's not getting an IP then reboot your router and repeat.

acraigl

Post by acraigl » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:51 pm

It has an IP but listed as an offline device. In all cases it's unreachable. Last night it was fine. I can try switching the network cable, but beyond that, I think there may be a problem with the device.

acraigl

Post by acraigl » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm

acraigl wrote:It has an IP but listed as an offline device. In all cases it's unreachable. Last night it was fine. I can try switching the network cable, but beyond that, I think there may be a problem with the device.
Turns out my Ethernet port went bad (or the cable run inside the wall). Need to troubleshoot that, but switching to another port resolved the issue. Thanks for the quick reply.