Stuck at Network Connecting screen

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jimmylavino

HTPC Specs: Show details

Stuck at Network Connecting screen

Post by jimmylavino » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 am

Similar to other posts, my Echo was working fine for three weeks using an AC bridge to my router. I bought a nice remote and everything was good. Last night we noticed it was stuck at the dreaded "Waiting for Network" screen. IP says "none" and MAC address says "unknown". In my late night anger I disconnected the network cable to the Echo and plugged it to my laptop. Of course, the laptop found the network just fine. Today I moved the Echo to my living room and plugged it directly to the router, bypassing the AC bridge. I get the same message: "Waiting for Network". At this point I noticed that the link light on my router wasn't lit, so I changed to a different network cable just to be sure. Still nothing. I assume the Echo is fried, but was wondering if anyone had a tip. What really ticks me off is I waited two weeks before cancelling Tivo just to be cautious, yet here I am having to explain to my wife why this setup doesn't work. Sigh. :x

PS. I am running the 2013.129.1538 firmware.

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:33 am

I had this issue with one of mine occasionally, and I did have a workaround however in the end I sent it back for repair.

You might get around your problem with the software update....to workaround the problem unplug everything from the echo and give it a few seconds, then only connect the network cable and then the power cable and wait....if you can see the port on the switch/router it's connected to wait until you see connectivity you can then plug in the HDMI and it should be going through / prompting for the update. (It's been that long since there has been an update I can't remember what happens exactly on the older firmwares)

Keep an eye on it if that works after the update, if it does it again I'd open a ticket with Ceton and get it repaired.

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Sounds like it's "Bricked". Open a ticket with Ceton! They will get you up and running after sending you a special key code you will enter on boot. It will then re-install the firmware. I had this happen once as well. In the mean time don't stress out. :D

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 am

While you are waiting for your ticket to come up at Ceton, here is a "Heads Up!" of the likely direction you are headed. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... brick+echo

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

Just to confirm, you are stating that you do not get a link light on the port the Echo is plugged into? Have you tried another port/cable?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

jimmylavino

Post by jimmylavino » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:16 am

After running through numerous recovery attempts the echo finally found the network and worked okay.....for two more months. I am not including the random reboots,freezes , etc. Now I am stuck at the Waiting for Network screen again and cannot get anything to work. So once again its back to the Echo support site to open a ticket. I should have just purchased an Xbox...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 am

jimmylavino wrote:After running through numerous recovery attempts the echo finally found the network and worked okay.....for two more months. I am not including the random reboots,freezes , etc. Now I am stuck at the Waiting for Network screen again and cannot get anything to work. So once again its back to the Echo support site to open a ticket. I should have just purchased an Xbox...
What about your routers DHCP settings. Have you reserved an IP for the Echo in the router?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 am

Stuck at: Why are you still trying to use an Echo?