Missing channel in Windows 8.1

cmax

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing channel in Windows 8.1

Post by cmax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I got Windows 8.1 WMC and HDhomerun tuner, and Cable TV.

My problem is that I can’t see any broadcast on the screen if I want to see one specific channel – there is sound, but no picture. All the other channels is working fine I WMC. If I see this channel (who don’t work on the pc) on the tv – it works fine, and I can also see the channel on HDhomerun Quicktv.

Some says it’s problems at Microsoft, and that there is a bug in Windows 8.1 WMC, but I don’t know if that’s the case.

Regards
Cmax

cmax

Post by cmax » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

cmax wrote:Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I got Windows 8.1 WMC and HDhomerun tuner, and Cable TV.

My problem is that I can’t see any broadcast on the screen if I want to see one specific channel – there is sound, but no picture. All the other channels is working fine I WMC. If I see this channel (who don’t work on the PC) on the tv – it works fine, and I can also see the channel on HDhomerun Quicktv.

Some says it’s problems at Microsoft, and that there is a bug in Windows 8.1 WMC, but I don’t know if that’s the case.

Regards
Cmax
I think it's od - nowbody wants to help.
If i ask the cable company they say it not there problem becaus I can see the chanel om my tv (they may be right)
If I ask HdHomerun they say there nothing wrong
If I ask Microsoft DK they say it's the cable company who shall solve this
so in between this - is little me -without any picture on the MCE on this channel - all the rest is working fine.

Happy christmas to all of you.

Regards
Cmax

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:50 am

Okay, since you can view the channel using QuickTV and on an actual TV, I think the issue is probably with WMC or your HTPC.

Have you tried re-running the WMC setup? Have you tried a clean install of Windows?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

STC

Post by STC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:43 am

Filter on the line? what is the channel and channel number you are trying to tune?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

cmax

Post by cmax » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 am

Scallica wrote:Okay, since you can view the channel using QuickTV and on an actual TV, I think the issue is probably with WMC or your HTPC.

Have you tried re-running the WMC setup? Have you tried a clean install of Windows?
My htpc (brand new Asrock Vision 321) is installed with one new Windows 8.1 mce - and I have re-runned the setup in wmc several times.

cmax

Post by cmax » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:27 am

STC wrote:Filter on the line? what is the channel and channel number you are trying to tune?
I don't know if i understand you quiestion - but this is a Danish channel called "Canal 8", which acording to my hdhomerun uses

tune: ch858-7340

Regards
Cmax

Win7Demon

Post by Win7Demon » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:54 am

Are you looking for C8 HD couple of links that may help.

http://www.dkscan.dk/TV/yousee_hovedstaden.htm

http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

Has list of channels and frequencies I'm guessing Denmark 8550 and select digital cable 8541.
According to their info its:

Type: a8qam64-6875
Channel: 858MHz-7340
Name: C8 HD
Resolution: 720x576i
Aspect: 16:9

cmax

Post by cmax » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Win7Demon wrote:Are you looking for C8 HD couple of links that may help.

http://www.dkscan.dk/TV/yousee_hovedstaden.htm

http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

Has list of channels and frequencies I'm guessing Denmark 8550 and select digital cable 8541.
According to their info its:

Type: a8qam64-6875
Channel: 858MHz-7340
Name: C8 HD
Resolution: 720x576i
Aspect: 16:9
Hi
from Hdhomerun it should be for "8900 randers c":

a8qam256-6875 786MHz-37 97 CANAL8 Sport 720x576i 16:9

but in Windows mce is there the following:

frekvens 858 Mhz¨

so could that be the problem, and if it is - is there any way I can change the information i Mce.??

Regards
Cmax

cmax

Post by cmax » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:26 am

is'nt there any who can tell if this is a problem that Windows MCe got another mhz than my digitaltuner.??

The danish Microsoft wount do a thing - they say it's the cable company and the copration behind this channel who got the problem, but the channel works on my tv, but not i mce, so I thought is was mce who have wrong information about this specific channel.

cmax

Post by cmax » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 am

Hi

Got this answer from HDHomerun:

Something about the way the channel is encoded is causing a problem for the Microsoft video decoder. There is nothing we can do at the tuner level to change the behavior of the Microsoft decoder. Microsoft is no longer actively developing WMC so it would not do any good to report the issue to them.

Silicondust Support

And when I contact the danish Microsoft they say is't not their problem, and that they not support MCE any longer. Nice to have bought MCE this summer, and now they dont support it any longer. They say I have to get another program, so I can se the missing channel.

What a company - that maybe the reason why many goes to Mac instead.!!!!