What's new in WMC land?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
mrphil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mrphil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:37 pm

cw-kid wrote:Just installed a new software setup on my main HTPC in the living room this week, I am now using OpenElec which is a Linux based distribution built from the ground up for XBMC. I was previously using my own custom installation of Linux Ubuntu Minimal and XBMC. Also using a new XBMC skin called Aeon MQ5 which looks amazing and works much better than the last version which was MQ4.
Are you actually using XBMC for live TV? I bought a Rasp Pi and occasionally update it with the latest OpenElec build to see if things are progressing, but everything I've seen and read indicates that XBMC as a PVR is years behind MCE in terms of functionality and general WAF. Any real world experience you can share?

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cw-kid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm

It is years behind. WMC is still the best software PVR. XBMC is OK for viewing live TV and when DVBLink decides to record a full show its OK. I don't really rely on it though. But Live TV has never been a big thing for me with HTPCs. I think most of my issues are with DVBLink rather than XBMC though.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle