Channel tuning issue using InfiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ed1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel tuning issue using InfiniTV 4

Post by ed1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm

I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 internal card installed in a Win7 x64 system. Some time ago, a channel tuning issue cropped up when tuning live TV on the computer.

If I launch MC in windowed mode, go to the Guide and select a channel to watch, MC starts to tune to the selected channel. The audio for the selected channel comes on, but the video remains black. About 10 seconds after the audio comes on, the audio goes off - leaving me with just a black screen and no sound.

This occurs every time the initial channel is tuned after opening MC, and regardless of the channel number tuned. I don't know whether this behavior occurs in full screen mode, as I do not use that mode when watching live TV on my computer.

If I then tune to any other channel by pressing the number keys for that channel or by pressing the + or - keys, the second channel tunes in normally with both audio and video. I can then tune in the first channel again - this time normally, with both audio and video coming in fine.

What could be the cause of this behavior? Is there any way to fix this annoyance - hopefully other than by resetting MC by going through the initial setup again?

timsetsfire

Post by timsetsfire » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 am

I was having this same problem and it was driving me bonkers.

Here is my build:
AMD A8 APU 6500
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DD3 1866 RAM
Samsung EVO 120 GB SSD (OS Win 7 x64)
WD Green 1 TB HDD\
Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe

My Solution:
I disabled dynamic contrast in catalyst control center - works perfectly now! Hope this helps!! Best of luck!

bandook

Post by bandook » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:02 am

What video card do you use? I was seeing this with the latest amd drivers. Rolled back to older (12.2?) and issue gone.