Remote question

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:55 pm

gergev wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote: Starting directly into Media Center on my XBox360-S only takes 30 seconds. The XBox360-S uses 65 watts at idle. Older models of the XBox360 use a lot more power than that. I've read that the new XBox360-E uses the same amount of power as the S.

At my electric rates, leaving an XBox360 turned on 24x7 will cost $5.15/month (not including the extra power consumed by the PC due to the activity generated when an extender is connected), and my electric rates are among the lowest in the USA.

I think I'll just turn mine off/on when needed. Thirty seconds is not bad.

Thanks, I have the Xbox-360-S as well. I guess I'll be turning mine off from now on. I just hooked it up recently and using as a WMC extender. I'm assuming it is using the same power as in 'dashboard' mode?
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2011 ... ox-360-use

It would be nice to display WMC from standby faster.
When I bought the XBox360, I posted somewhere around here with my wattage results. From memory, I think it used a few watts less in the dashboard than it does when displaying Media Center... but only like 2-5 watts less. That link you posted must contain info on an older model 360's power consumption. The original one was a real power hog.

I don't think 30 seconds is bad, but it would be nice if it was closer to 15 seconds.