Avermedia Volar MAX?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
karenjenel

HTPC Specs: Show details

Avermedia Volar MAX?

Post by karenjenel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello out there! To begin, our channels were all fine, mapped and normal. We tried to hook up an HD antenna just to see if it would work for basic cable..it didn't, the signal wasn't strong enough. So, we go back to WMC and all the channels are wrong. Please, before anyone tells me to manually enter them or go to missing channels to add them, neither has worked. Also, I have tried re scanning multiple times. There are tons of posts regarding channels issues on missing channels/data but none have our issue that I can find and I apologize if there is one and we haven't found it yet. So, the channel names are mostly were they should be, but some new ones have cropped up. For example, KING5 used to be on channel 5 / HD on 5.1....now, 5.1 is KBTC and 10.1 says KINGDT but it's in standard definition. We never had 10.1 before and when you try and do anything manually, it just reverts back to KBTC being on channel 5.1.....no matter what! Even though the guide says it should be KING5. 2 out of all the basic channels, KOMO4 and KCPQ13, are exactly normal like they were so why those have not been affected, I have no clue. We don't have guide info either but not really our big concern as we do most of our tv watching on XBMC and have no need to record much of anything. However, NFL games and local news is important. We use an AVermedia volar max tuner (drivers are all updated) and as I said before, everything was working perfect until disconnecting the coax cable from the tuner to the antenna and then switching it back. Thanks in advance and not sure what logs to post so I will wait for a response.

leroys1000

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by leroys1000 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:31 pm

I remember setting up NextPVR on XBMC and the setup for NextPVR always started the
channel listings on channel 1 and threw the whole guide off.
Might check that channel 1 is disabled in whatever server client software you are using for XBMC.
As far as media center goes,the whole turner broadcasting wanting more money fiasco screwed
up th guides in a lot of places as cable companies were just going to drop them.
They are back now,but I am going to have to run TV setup again as I mapped some channels manually
and now have duplicates with no way to delete,just disable.
It's a pain for me because I have to set all my digital channels manually.
You may just want to go ahead and run TV setup from th beginning again in media center.