HBO don't work in media center

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Al210

HTPC Specs: Show details

HBO don't work in media center

Post by Al210 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

I just got a mailing from Verizon for free HBO. They said I did not need to do anything. Just turn to channel 899 and start watching. Channel 899 said " authorization required. Your digital cable device or windows must be activated. Before you can view this content"

Called verizon and was on the phone for 45 minutes. They said they reset the cable card several times but the channel still don't work. They are sending a new card.

I since went into my Ceton diagnostic tool under the cable card tab. I have green checks for all the card checks. I then entered the HBO channel 899 and it said successfully tuned. I then went into media center and tried to activate digital cable but it says my PC don't support digital cable???

Confused. Please help

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Is your Windows Activated? Is this a full retail install of Windows or some odd version, such as the "N" version?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Al210

Post by Al210 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes it's activated. windows 7 home premium. I bought this from dell over a year ago running media center fine all this time never had a problem.

Al210

Post by Al210 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Since I can tune the channel successfully using the Ceton
diagnostic tool does this mean the cable card is fine?

Al210

Post by Al210 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Got it working. I had to download and install the DCA. Once I did that I could run the activate digital cable in media center.
:D :D :D

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:30 pm

This seems to be a common problem with Verizon with any cablecard tuner (including tivo) as HBO and MAX are the only channels that require proper pairing of the card which they don't seem to know how to do... The infiniTVs tend to have less of a problem then HDHomerun Prime unfortunately I don't have what the infiniTV should say on the cablecard tab with moto cards as all my areas are now cisco/sa but the problem with the prime is that "activation" (or validation as verizon likes to call it) is None... from a prime with this problem...
Card status reads:
Authentication: success
OOB Lock: success
Activation: none

Log file also indicates:
19700101-00:00:04 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication in progress
19700101-00:00:04 CableCARD: authentication status: authentication success, activation needed

If it is a "Validation" problem, usually Verizon Direct on dslreports.com have been able to fix it with most people... I'm sure Eric and ceton also can get the job done through their contacts if this is what the problem is.

It may also be the DCA was never run and/or playready updated on the PC as verizon customers used to never do that.

{edit: saw you found the answer as I was posting but decided to post it anyway}