Beta Candidate InfiniTV firmware available

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
carljanderson

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by carljanderson » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10 pm

I had a minor issue last night, but won't open a ticket yet until I am sure I can re-create it.

I did get the "Copying Prohibited" message late last night. My wife came to bed, and wanted to watch on of the HBO's (Ch. 903 on FiOS). I have no idea what time that was. She did wake me up asking "what is this", so I read the message, rebooted the Echo (on FW 304) and it seemed to work after that.

Just checked the bedroom again, and channel 903 is showing "Copy Prohibited". The same channel is showing the same error on the other Echo (on FW 320). I turned off both echos and when I restarted them the error was gone. (Rebooting only 1 echo didn't work, since both were tuned to 903).

Capturing Data now, should I submit a ticket?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:21 pm

bjstick wrote:Since installing this update I get "copying prohibited" when attempting to watch Live TV from either my HTPC or Echo. Strangely, however, I was able to watch two shows that recorded since the update.

Also, last night my Tuning Adapter would lose its sync once tuning a channel and wouldn't come back until power cycling the TA. Both of these experiences are new to me.

Ticket ID: KZQ-713-55714 in case you want to look at the diag.
Have you restarted your PC since the update? This sounds like WMDRM may be confused, on at least one tuner.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

bjstick

Post by bjstick » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes, multiple times. You are probably onto something though. It would explain why it's sporadic. Should I reapply the update?

EDIT: All 4 of my tuners show WMDRM pairing green after reapplying the update. I'm not sure what it said before though. I did make a point to turn off my Echo before applying the update the second time which I did not do the first time. Is it possible a tuner was in use and therefore did not get updated?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

bjstick wrote:Yes, multiple times. You are probably onto something though. It would explain why it's sporadic. Should I reapply the update?

EDIT: All 4 of my tuners show WMDRM pairing green after reapplying the update. I'm not sure what it said before though. I did make a point to turn off my Echo before applying the update the second time which I did not do the first time. Is it possible a tuner was in use and therefore did not get updated?
No - WMDRM pairing is dynamic per boot, and there is only 1 firmware for the entire unit.

tim5455

Post by tim5455 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am

I tried this with my InfinityTV 4 and it said failed saving the firmware to the device. My card still works fine, but no new firmware.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:21 pm

tim5455 wrote:I tried this with my InfinityTV 4 and it said failed saving the firmware to the device. My card still works fine, but no new firmware.
Try re-downloading it. Also what firmware version are you currently on?

dudesky71

Post by dudesky71 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 am

I can honestly say this firmware has fixed an issue I've been complaining about for 6 months! When tuning between Nick HD and Cartoon Network (both SDV channels, lots of other SDVs do it and was very repeatable) on TWC in Columbus OH, the TA does not time out any more and give me a subscription required message. It just works now :)

I did notice that in the diagnostic tool the cable card doesn't show up as valid but it works in MCE...???

Steps:
I have a InfiniTV4 PCIe hardware ver. 6212. I downloaded then updated the firmware via the system tab in the web UI, shut down the PC fully, pulled power on the Cisco TA, waited 30 seconds, powered the TA back on, booted the PC and voila!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:14 am

So far so good on my ETH 6, Windows 8.1 Pro x64. (Mac Mini late 2012 i7) I haven't had an all 6 tuner recording scheduled event kick off yet. (and will report back if I see any pixelation)
I'm on San Francisco Comcast with no TA

embj

Post by embj » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:43 am

lurch66 wrote:I am having an issue since installing this firmware. when I put my computer to sleep and than resume my tuning adapter does its normal flash a few times but the tuning adapter led never goes back to solid green as it normally would. I have a cisco 1520 TA on v 1601 and am running a cisco cable card 908 running v 0601. On the tuning adapter screen it states waiting for pairing, upstream connection complete, Authentication complete, TR initializing.

When using the previous beta firmware all was working fine. I hope this information proves useful. If need be I can open up a ticket with support to help resolve this problem so it does not affect others when this is released. forgot to add I have a infiniTV 4
I'm running into the same issue with mine since updating...works fine until I put the computer to sleep and then resume. TA wont pair up again until you unplug it. I also have a Cisco 1520 TA and an infiniTV 4. Tried restarting my PC and power cycling the TA a few times, but still ended up with the same issue each time. Downgrading to the previous beta firmware resolved the issue. Opened a ticket about it #MUI-488-74099.

tim5455

Post by tim5455 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:50 am

erkotz wrote:
tim5455 wrote:I tried this with my InfinityTV 4 and it said failed saving the firmware to the device. My card still works fine, but no new firmware.
Try re-downloading it. Also what firmware version are you currently on?
I have firmware 13.5.6.132 and I re-downloaded the beta firmware, but had the same results.

exodus454

Post by exodus454 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Installed the beta firmware a few days ago on my PCI itv4, running win8.1.

Initially all my tuners froze and I redid my live TV setup. Now though a lot of the issues I've been having for a few months now have disappeared. I was unable to run the most recent public beta because of issues but this one seems to be working! Channel tuning seems slightly quicker too, but I've always had TA issues randomly.

Sea3

Post by Sea3 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 pm

I updated my Ceton InfiniTV USB and Ethernet to this Beta Candidate and both are working normally recording and watching live TV from my Windows 7 computer and extenders. All is good right now.

jlobb2

Post by jlobb2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 am

erkotz wrote: Changelog:
-Improved tuner power management
-Resolves an incorrect Subscription Required message which intermittently appeared on tune when using a TA
-Resolves a pixelation issue on 6-tuner products when using 5 or 6 tuners
-Workaround for Cisco TA issue where TA did not respond to initialization request
One of my recordings stopped midway through with a Subscription Required message. I don't have a TA. Would this pre-beta candidate help any or should I submit a ticket? This is kind of a bummer since I just upgraded from the PCIe4 to the PCIe6 this past week. The PCIe4 was rock solid.

Sea3

Post by Sea3 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Sea3 wrote:I updated my Ceton InfiniTV USB and Ethernet to this Beta Candidate and both are working normally recording and watching live TV from my Windows 7 computer and extenders. All is good right now.
Update:
Mostly normal since updating. I have had 2 partial recordings since updating to the beta candidate. I've opened TEM-983-61384.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 pm

jlobb2 wrote:
erkotz wrote: Changelog:
-Improved tuner power management
-Resolves an incorrect Subscription Required message which intermittently appeared on tune when using a TA
-Resolves a pixelation issue on 6-tuner products when using 5 or 6 tuners
-Workaround for Cisco TA issue where TA did not respond to initialization request
One of my recordings stopped midway through with a Subscription Required message. I don't have a TA. Would this pre-beta candidate help any or should I submit a ticket? This is kind of a bummer since I just upgraded from the PCIe4 to the PCIe6 this past week. The PCIe4 was rock solid.
It's possible that the resolution of the pixelation issue fix could help this issue. Without data from the instance, my guess is your CableCARD crashed and reset.

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:52 pm

I updated my firmware to this a week ago. My system was fairly stable prior to this. After updating, both of my Echo's developed an issue where the screen would freeze for about 2 minutes, then reboot. This was occurring about 2 timer per hour. Didn't matter whether watching live or recorded cable tv. Seems odd that I would think tuner firmware could effect HTPC playback but I just wanted to reverse the changes I had made in order to get back to where I was so yesterday I decided to step back my 6ETH to 132 firmware. Issue seems to be gone for the last 24 hours. My fingers are crossed.

Just for more info in that last week I had also updated ServeToMe, Frame NET, and My Channel Logos. I just want to be fair and mention all that transpired so the people at Ceton can determine if those are/were contributors to the issue I was experiencing.

erkotz... I would be willing to do a re-install and try again if you think that maybe it was a bad install. My Ceton Ticket is EPV-198-30111.

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:48 pm

132 firmware on my 6ETH is still working well. Not seeing any of the issues I saw with this pre-Beta.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:30 pm

I just happened to notice this on my system, but the Cable Card tab in Ceton Diagnostics is all wrong on this firmware. It reports tons of cable card issues when in reality my cable card is authorized just fine. The web page diagnostics are all good. So there is something that has broken the programs ability to read the cable card status correctly.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 pm

mdavej wrote:I just happened to notice this on my system, but the Cable Card tab in Ceton Diagnostics is all wrong on this firmware. It reports tons of cable card issues when in reality my cable card is authorized just fine. The web page diagnostics are all good. So there is something that has broken the programs ability to read the cable card status correctly.
If you revert the firmware, does this start working? Most likely you have an old driver utility and it has nothing to do with the InfiniTV firmware.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 am

erkotz wrote:
mdavej wrote:I just happened to notice this on my system, but the Cable Card tab in Ceton Diagnostics is all wrong on this firmware. It reports tons of cable card issues when in reality my cable card is authorized just fine. The web page diagnostics are all good. So there is something that has broken the programs ability to read the cable card status correctly.
If you revert the firmware, does this start working? Most likely you have an old driver utility and it has nothing to do with the InfiniTV firmware.
Yes it does start working on the old firmware. I just reverted, and the cable card status was all good again. Same 13.6.3.1088 drivers with both firmwares.