Watching Media Center movies on Xbox 360

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
rvbarton

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by rvbarton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Shark007,.

I uninstalled and reinstalled your codec pack, and checked the box to use the defaults you recommend, but nothing changed. Any other thoughts?

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Have you tried removing the files from the Video_TS folder and playing them on the Extender?
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs

rvbarton

Post by rvbarton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

sorry for the noob question, but do you mean placing them on a jump drive, or such, and plugging it directly into the xbox?

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 pm

rvbarton wrote:It seems my Windows media center (Running on WIndows 7 Professional) will only play movies that are ripped into the format that makes the Video_TS & Audio_TS files. Not sure what format this is.
This is the native file format found on DVD's
The Video_TS folder contains the movie in *.VOB files

rvbarton wrote:In the past, I was using Media Center Master to watch movies that were ripped to MP4 format. The native "Movies" will only play in the previously mentioned format.
This makes no sense because Media Center recognizes, and plays MP4 files without any extra software installed.

rvbarton wrote:I finally hooked up the extender on my xbox 360, and surprisingly, it will only recognize the MP4 format, and NOT the Video_TS & Audio_TS format, so I can only watch half of my movies on one medium, and the other half of my movies on the 2d medium.
This is as it should be.
For a test, rename the folder Video_TS to the actual name of the movie
and then within the folder where you see files named *.VOB, add .mpg to the end like this *.VOB.mpg
see if that will play on the xbox
as noted below, look for these files in Pictures + Videos | Video Library

rvbarton wrote:Media Center doesn't evern recognize the MP4 files. I can play them with Media player, but even after putting each one in it's own folder and using Media center master to create the XMI file, the movies are not listed under the native Media Center "Movies" folder.
Just to note, I have never used Media Center master, ever. I have no idea what it is supposed to do for you.
MP4 files are found in the Pictures + Videos | Video Library within Media Center

rvbarton wrote:sorry for the noob question, but do you mean placing them on a jump drive, or such, and plugging it directly into the xbox?
I re-read this whole thread because your having problems I have never heard of.
I answered some of your questions in-line and hopefully have solved some of your issues.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs