Echo Video Formats Playback

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ajhieb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by ajhieb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 am

lithium630 wrote:The container makes a difference if you want to use fast forward and rewind.
I have to confess, I don't ever FF or RW (I always use skip back/ahead or skip to)

But do any of the non-native (ie anything outside of WTV or DVR-MS) containers support FF or RW?

Limpice

Post by Limpice » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 am

Well I got most if not all of my Videos working now on the Echo just had to convert them to MKV H.264 format. I'm using Shark007 Codec Pack it allows you to play all video formats on your computer. I can now use any player I like to run MKV and all other formats as well. But yeah it does suck I have over 8T of video data that I had to go over just to make sure they all work. Why the hell would they make the Echo work like that for? Nothing can ever be easy so you might as well make the end user work on it....... lol :D

Polen

Post by Polen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:16 am

I have found that the AVI container with H.264 encoding allows for FF and RW as well as Resume. Most containers will not work with resume. If you have to stop the movie and want to resume, you will have skip forward to your stopping point. Also keep the average bitrate below 9500 kbps.

I also noticed that the resume from My Movies add-on does not work, but resume works from the default Movies of WMC.