My Media Center Bugs and Suggestions

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Ziflin

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center Bugs and Suggestions

Post by Ziflin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:57 pm

I was going to post these to the tracker (http://tracker.cetoncorp.com/), but it appears to be down. So here's a few things that I've run into over the last two weeks of using My Media Center. Most are pretty minor but I'd love to see some way to fix #1.

1) I have an X360 and Windows8 machine, and although I want to tell MMC to ignore the Win8 machine, I can't. So every time it asks for a machine to control/play on which is pretty irritating. Can there be an option to disable a machine. Not sure why it's even finding the Win8 machine -- maybe I can disable something on it?

2) Is the on-screen "back" button at the top supposed to be a "back" button or "home" button. Right now it appears to be a "home" button though it looks like a back button :). Currently pressing it when selecting a TV show from the guide does not return you to the guide page.

3) The Gallery is awesome, but if I select a show from it I do not have the option to *delete* the show which is pretty annoying. Not sure why this is different from the dialog shown from the Recorded TV page.

4) Buttons on the Remote for "Guide" and "Recordings" might be nice. Instead of having to go through the menu as "Guide" is a fairly common operation (my Logitech remote has a button for it :)).

5) Recorded TV seems to fail to refresh at times. I've had Gallery show newly recorded shows, but then go to Recorded TV and have to manually do a Refresh to have them show up.

6) It would be great if swiping left/right worked on the TV Guide. I'm so used to that interface now that clicking < and > feel awkward.

7) Does anyone know how to get volume control (as in from the Remote) to work properly over HDMI? Mute works, but I get no real volume change when I try to adjust it in MMC.

Anyway, they're pretty minor gripes and overall the app is awesome! Thanks for writing it!

Ziflin

Post by Ziflin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 am

Another issue is that the "Search" feature does not seem to work at all right now. I've tried searching for several TV shows that are currently showing in the guide and it does not find them. Nor does it find recorded shows by title.

Ziflin

Post by Ziflin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Another bug seems to be that the first time I turn on the XBox and start MMC, it ignores the first "Play" command from MMC. I end up having to tell it twice to play a recorded show the first time. I've been able to reproduce this several times.

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:56 pm

SUGGESTION

Ability to re-order / change/ move the priority of series in the recording schedule

please please please

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 am

Ziflin wrote:Another issue is that the "Search" feature does not seem to work at all right now. I've tried searching for several TV shows that are currently showing in the guide and it does not find them. Nor does it find recorded shows by title.
For search it relies on the Indexing on your system....

Is Windows Media Center in your "Indexing Options"?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

koberhol

Post by koberhol » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Also, You may need to "rebuild index". It's an option that can be found within Windows 7. That's what eventually worked for me when I had issues with not finding programs in the MMC guide.
'
Thread Added

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=5914

Ziflin

Post by Ziflin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I'll double check the indexing options on my server. I know I shut it off at one point because it was taking like 40% of the CPU. Is there some 'minimal' set of indexing I can set so that this works? Thanks!