New MetaData model

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
gilhamj

HTPC Specs: Show details

New MetaData model

Post by gilhamj » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 pm

There is a problem with Yamm as the metdata engine. It's not updated frequently, nor does it support TV.

Two external programs do a great job at this. Media Center Master or Media Browser 3 provides rich local file base metadata. Please have an option to read/import local metadata (don't change anything ) into your metadata engine and allow us to disable Yamm.

I use Media Center Master, for example, which has already downloaded the movie or TV series backdrops, description information, and other data. Ideally, your program would be the best of breed Media Center Remote, and allow other, more stable engines to help manage the metadata.

Thoughts on allowing 'My Media Center' supporting local metadata for movies and in the future?
Last edited by gilhamj on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:45 pm

We've been waiting for this kind of support for a while. You can add MyMovies support to the list of wants. I think they stamped the app "complete" and it seems any support has been relegated to weekend projects by its authors.

gilhamj

Post by gilhamj » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 am

That's a bummer :(

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Media Browser metadata coming soon. As I suspected MyMovies will not be supported per MM developer...

http://missingremote.com/forums/yammm-u ... ment-52863

breakthestatic

Post by breakthestatic » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:05 pm

How does this affect the Ceton app? If YAMMM is switching over to movie.xml, i'm guessing My Media Center will need to be updated as well. If that's the case, I'd love to be able to just switch the fetcher off totally, as I use Media Center Master to handle all metadata tasks. Hopefully that's the case, but until someone from Ceton chimes in, who knows?

gilhamj

Post by gilhamj » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 am

The latest update where YAMM was fixed had no changes to the Metadata model :(