Ceton InfiniTV6 ETH not paring with WMC

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
brf0007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV6 ETH not paring with WMC

Post by brf0007 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi everyone, I have had a Ceton InfiniTV4 USB tuner for nearly 2 years, and recently it stopped allowing me to update firmware. Ceton Gave me $50 off a new InfiniTV6 ETH. Which, subsequently will not be recognized by WMC. At this point I am not sure what is wrong but here is a list of things I tried. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
  • Reinstalled Ceton Diagnostics
  • Cleared network settings
  • Cleared and repaired tuner in Diagnostics
  • Reinstalled Windows (and Diagnostics)
  • Clear Channel Map
  • Called TWC to reactivate CableCard - unable to do so because
    CableCardParingScreen.jpg
  • Changed network settings so Ceton was on Static IP and disabled firewall, updated settings in Ceton Network settings.
    At this point I am uncertain if this is an issue with the network or with the Ceton. I was able to get WMC to recognize it ONE time, after I changed the network settings. At which point I attempted the tuner setup in WMC, and Media Center told me that this tuner was not for my region, and the setup failed. Then WMC reverted to not finding the tuner. I am not sure what to do, I am considering sending it back to Ceton.

These may help
No Serial Number.jpg
Why is there no serial number? Can that be right?
CableCard Tab.jpg
What is number 8?

EZEd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by EZEd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm

According to your Ceton diagnostics page, your PC is detecting the Ceton tuner just fine. Can you see the tuner inside of Device Manager as a network device? If so the issue is not with the tuner but with the pairing of the cablecard back to head end. When you called the cableco did you go back through and reconfirm all of the pedigree information for the cablecard? Things like DataID, MAC address etc? If not, the cableco may have the wrong pedigree info loaded for your card and needs to be re-entered. You need to tell them that you have the same cable card but you are pairing it to a new tuning device. They will need to reconfirm all of the pertinent information as if it is a new install. Then once the info is confirmed and correct they should send an activation hit and the card should start working properly if it has enough signal going to it. Other thing to check is all of you signal levels from the wall to the tuner. Low signal levels might also keep the card from activating.