ETH 6 And WMDRM paring with PC

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ToddD

HTPC Specs: Show details

ETH 6 And WMDRM paring with PC

Post by ToddD » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Whenever my ETH 6 reboots, WMDRM status changes to red as soon as it reconnects to the PC. To fix this I have to reboot the PC as well. I think I already know this answer but I'll ask anyway as I might be surprised :P - Is there any way to have the pairing return to green WITHOUT having to reboot the PC?
This is not so much a problem if I reboot - I know to also restart the PC, But 2 days ago the tuner rebooted on it's own and nothing has recorded since. Today I looked into why nothing was recording and found the red paring and rebooted the PC -Fixed- but it would be nice to not have to worry about this.

RyC

Post by RyC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Same thing with me, if I reboot the infinitv, I have to reboot each PC in order to reconnect. I don't know if there's a way around it...

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:05 am

Hmm. Interesting. This is not a problem with the HD HomeRun Prime.

ToddD

Post by ToddD » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:04 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Hmm. Interesting. This is not a problem with the HD HomeRun Prime.
I just knew you were going to pop up and say that :) I have 2 homeruns I use for OTA and I sometimes wish I had gone with 2 Primes for Brighthouse.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Well, if it works... it works!

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 pm

ToddD wrote: Is there any way to have the pairing return to green WITHOUT having to reboot the PC?
This is not so much a problem if I reboot - I know to also restart the PC, But 2 days ago the tuner rebooted on it's own and nothing has recorded since. Today I looked into why nothing was recording and found the red paring and rebooted the PC -Fixed- but it would be nice to not have to worry about this.
Using the Ceton Diagnostic software you can Clear Tuners and Rediscover Tuners. This may work to clear your issue, but you'll need to rerun WMC7 setup once it's done. This will cause you to lose any special setup items you may have done inside of WMC like favorite channel lists and custom guide entries.

I guess my question would be if you are having to reboot your tuner very often and why? I notice you said that the tuner spontaneously rebooted not long ago, was there a reason for it (like power outage or something)? Does it spontaneously reboot often or do you force it to do this often? You shouldn't need to. I've had the I6ETH since June and haven't seen a spontaneous reboot, nor have I had to force reboot it since initial setup. The only reboots so far have been due to power outages. Even with power outages it comes right back up. But during power outages, the PC goes off and needs to reboot as well, so I would guess this mimics your situation where both tuner and PC are needed to be rebooted together.

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:13 am

I don't have an ETH tuner, but if I had to guess.... have you tried restarting the Ceton InfiniTV Support Service?