Android now at 1.3.6 - looking for personalized guide

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
nfn06010

HTPC Specs: Show details

Android now at 1.3.6 - looking for personalized guide

Post by nfn06010 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Just noticed I was updated to 1.3.6. Thanks.

Is there a way to get MMC to use a "personalized/custom" guide set up within WMC? I have over 500 channels I don't need on MMC. I do have a personal guide on WMC and even customized Remote Potato to limit the number of channels displayed. I can't find a way to do this on MMC, is it there? Might this be a item of interest to others if it isn't?
2-PCIe CETON 4's

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 pm

If you disable a channel on the PC's guide, it won't show up in MMC.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:14 pm

^Correct^

We do not have any plans currently for any other customization for the guide.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:If you disable a channel on the PC's guide, it won't show up in MMC.
Which isn't a great solution.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:46 pm

SilverRubicon wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:If you disable a channel on the PC's guide, it won't show up in MMC.
Which isn't a great solution.
What you guys want is seriously atypical - it makes more sense for the MMC guide to mirror your WMC guide 1:1; which is what it currently does.

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:39 am

Favorite lists are atypical? I don't think so. That's a fantastic feature of MCE.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:51 am

SilverRubicon wrote:Favorite lists are atypical? I don't think so. That's a fantastic feature of MCE.
I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I didn't think you were asking for just access to your fav list guides from WMC. I thought you were just asking for the MMC guide to be its own sole customized guide. I guess that could be interpreted as the same thing and also not :P

I don't know if creation of custom/fav lists guides could be done from MMC - but I agree, it would be nice to access the ones you have made in WMC from MMC.

SilverRubicon

Post by SilverRubicon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:18 pm

staknhalo wrote:
SilverRubicon wrote:I don't know if creation of custom/fav lists guides could be done from MMC - but I agree, it would be nice to access the ones you have made in WMC from MMC.
I don't know if the WMC custom guides are available from a WMC api or if they're difficult to access. Creation and modification of these lists on MMC is not necessary but access to what is already there would be beneficial. That's just my $.02.

nfn06010

Post by nfn06010 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks for the info. I checked it out but I would lose disabled channels entirely. Not very acceptable.

Too often I currently have to go from my FAVORITE guide to ALL to get access to a channel I rarely use. These rare channels have to be available without going into WMC settings to enable them. Tough to do with MMC!!

MMC needs to support FAVORITE channel setups and perhaps the additional guide categories WMC offers such as SPORTS. Its all there, just pick it up and use it! Consider this a feature request to keep your 5-star rating.

Thanks.
2-PCIe CETON 4's

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm

You can set some channels as "Fast Tune" channels (another way of saying "favorites").

Here's how to do it in the Android app: Go to the guide. Tap the channel number/logo (in the first column on the left side of the grid). It will display a list of the upcoming programs on that channel, and you will see a star at the top of the screen. If the star is filled with white, you have already selected this channel as a Fast Tune channel. If it is empty, you have not. Tapping the star will toggle the setting.

Once you have some channels selected as "Fast Tune" channels, you can go to the main screen in MMC, and tap the button at the top that looks like three dots. Choose "Fast Tune" to see your list of favorite channels.

nfn06010

Post by nfn06010 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

I played with it over the weekend. Its fine if you know what is on TV.

NOW take this list and turn it into a "mini" guide so I can see what is on. That would be OK.

It looks like another opportunity for MMC, we can have a "fast tune" list as well as any of the WMC user favorites and WMC categories. Perhaps that would be too much, but it should make everyone happy!!
2-PCIe CETON 4's

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm

I agree that it would be nice if the Fast Tune channels displayed guide info.