Movie Library Deletion

mobilelawyer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie Library Deletion

Post by mobilelawyer » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Several months ago a RAID array failed because is was zero striped and one of the drives went bad. I will never make that mistake again!

My WMC movies library is full of hundreds of titles that were on that drive that I cannot make go away, and cannot correct by adding and deleting from the library drives. The current set up has all my media on a Synology array and the movie library has only that folder, but when I open WMC, I get the told titles.

I looked in %SYSTEMDRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mediaCenterDataStore.db and there was no date file to delete! Does the program not use mediaCenterDataStore.db anymore?

I am running windows 8 professional.

mjktg99

Post by mjktg99 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Try going into Windows Media Player and go to >Tools>Advanced>Restore Media Library. This will cause your entire library to be rebuilt based on the folders you have set to be detected for Media (if you have any custom locations besides your default libraries, make sure those settings are also the same in Media Player before doing the restore.) If you have a large collection, it could take time to rebuild it.

mobilelawyer

Post by mobilelawyer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:34 pm

It turns out, I was looking for the wrong file.

I found my data file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome. Apparently, the name of the data file can vary. Mine was mcepg3-0.

Deleted it, rebooted and the data based started rebuilding when I opened MCE.

Problem solved.