YAMMM suddenly stopped...resulting

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Sergio526

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMMM suddenly stopped...resulting

Post by Sergio526 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 am

OK, I'm at the end of my rope. A couple of days ago I added a few new movies/folders to my movies directory and thought it was strange that YAMMM didn't populate them immediately (it's never taken more than a couple of seconds). I check the folders again the next day and they still didn't populate. I check the MMC settings and everything was as it should. I added a few extra things in MMC (like backdrops) to see if the existing folders would get the extras, but no. I looked at the troubleshooting steps, did the Services Off > Delete ProgramData\YAMMM\Cache\* > Services On, but the Cache folder isn't repopulating. I run the diagnostic in MMC and it says everything is fine. I watch my Process Monitor when I add a new movie named folder to the movies directory and I see YAMMM's CPU and RAM usage bounce around a bit, but no actual results. I've disabled anti-virus and firewall in case it wasn't getting out to tmdb, nothing. The only thing my PC has done since the last time I noticed YAMMM working was this past Update Tuesday. Any help is much appreciated.

Almost forgot to mention that I've tried uninstalling reinstalling (deleting Program Files and ProgramData entries after the uninstall) and even installed YAMMM solo, no dice. After the installs, all the program directories get created, but it never starts populating the movie folders of the cache directory.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

brentdog

Post by brentdog » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:23 am

Same thing here. I wonder if the TMDB API key expired. I seem to remember that happening a few years ago when YAMMM was still a standalone app. I also tried using the "[tmdb=####]" naming convention and that is not having any effect either.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:29 am

Sorry guys just an update for you we will have a new release soon to address this. I will keep you posted.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

CaptnSpaulding

Post by CaptnSpaulding » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm glad I found this thread!

Been using Yammm for years and don't know what I would do without it as I can never find any active forums/support pages supporting it any more so when it stopped working the other day I was in a panic!! :lol:

Any updates on getting this fixed would be much appreciated, and thanks for still supporting this fab software!!

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks for the update Motz. Keep up the good work. Is Mikinho involved too? If so, I'd like to extend thanks to him as well! If not, well, thanks any way Mikinho for all you've done!

gilhamj

Post by gilhamj » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Could we maybe abandon YAMM, and leverage 3rd party Meta Data providers that support Downloaded TV Series...as well as Movies? This could give My Media Center the capability of supporting downloaded TV.

Some programs with better Metadata support than YAMM (which I used faithfully for years, but isn't updated frequently or has TV support):

* MediaBrowser (Server & Classic)
* Media Center Master universal metadata

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:59 am

Soooo...getting close to release or did you hit a big snag? Are we talking days, weeks? Not that I NEED it, just curious.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 am

would have been nice to get some greater publicity of this problem. i've just spent a week uninstalling and reinstalling this. i would also agree with binning YAMMM as it clearly isnt ever going to support TV and using media browser, xbmc, anything really.

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Just a quick check with the forum.

Had yammm for ages now doing it stuff for media center artwork and data. All of a sudden its stopped working. I have reinstalled my Win 7 image tonight as it needed refreshing and re-installed yammm.

Still nothing.

The yammm.svc ticks over a bit for a while but then drops to 0% cpu usage, nothing updating. Well and truly puzzled.

[Moderator note: topic merged; please search before posting]

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 pm

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Sorry Mods - i didn't search before posting.

My bad

Drinks are on me!

Sergio526

Post by Sergio526 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like Mikinho released his YAMMM update last night. Any idea how long it will take to get into MMC?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:36 pm

He didn't release it. I think he meant to attach it to his post, but it didn't work. This morning he said he was going to upload it somewhere and post a link, but he hasn't done that yet. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month. His employer's bad habits are rubbing off on him, lol. (Anybody remember the days before the InfiniTV4 was released?)

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Well, you can't complain too much about the free YAMMM app. However, for the paid My Media Center app, which uses YAMMM for metadata... I think it's terrible that it's taking so long to get the thing fixed.

Sleerts

Post by Sleerts » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Per Michael Welter(YAMMM) -
Integration is already being tested by Ceton Support. Not sure when that will be available but I hope within the next 2 business days.

Send your thanks by donating - http://mikinho.com/donate/

Those of you complaining about it not working; I understand it's frustrating... but really the guy does this on the side and he's had some personal issues, either way - first world problems.

I'm assuming/hoping that Ceton took part of that money you paid for the Media Center Remote and donated/paid Michael, but who knows so with that in mind be kind :)
HTPC Noob....Learning tho

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 am

From my understanding the new beta should fix it: http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/mymedia ... atest/beta
I Write, Code, and Tweet

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:31 pm

barnabas1969 is on the money, its not mikinho i blame, its the people i paid the app for. glad to see it is finally working again though

Nellieboy55

Post by Nellieboy55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Motz .i think your missing the point here.the service now runs on Win8.1 but you haven't updated yammm yet regards Neil

Nellieboy55

Post by Nellieboy55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Apologies just saw you have a later build up.I downloaded yesterday .cant test yet because I'm recording 2 films I'll restart my computer after. I'm hoping it will have media browser support if not hopefully the next build will have