Recorded TV entries disappear; file still exists on share

miles267

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV entries disappear; file still exists on share

Post by miles267 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Have encountered a peculiar issue that I cannot quite pinpoint.

- TV shows recorded on W7MC from a tuner are saved to local drive and appear under RECORDED TV correctly
- I also have an additional network share mapped to RECORDED TV (\\server\tv)
- A file copied to \\server\tv will appear under RECORDED TV option. Example: copy Greys Anatomy S01E01.wtv to \\server\tv will show up as 'Grey's Anatomy' under RECORDED TV
- Sometimes the Grey's Anatomy show entry under RECORDED TV will suddenly disappear despite the file still residing at \\server\tv\Greys Anatomy S01E01.wtv
- If I remove the file from \\server\tv folder and re-add it, W7MC will no longer detect it as a new show that should be added to the RECORDED TV listing

Has anyone else seen this?

NNate

Post by NNate » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

I had a similar issue a while back. It turns out that somehow the folder on the server became marked for offline use.

When I got rid of that my issues went away.

If nothing else, it's something easy to check by looking at the remote folder in windows explorer.

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Do you have media center starting up, before the network connection is completed? I have an all in 1 pc in our kitchen, if the network connection isn't up and working correctly before MC starts, we get the same.

If this is the case, if you close MC, and then re-open once the network is active, the files should then be shown.