Xbox Videos in WMC?

Dgr_874

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox Videos in WMC?

Post by Dgr_874 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:53 pm

I have been playing around with the new Xbox Video on my windows 8 computer and I am trying to find a way to download the episodes I purchase on there to my PC and then have that content show up in windows media center in the Recorded TV or Movies Tab. Is there a way to do this?

Dgr_874

Post by Dgr_874 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Nobody has any ideas? Is it even possible?

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Dgr_874 wrote:Nobody has any ideas? Is it even possible?
I think your question may be to obvious. But here is a solution that should work.

If your WMC is the same PC as you downloaded your purchased videos on, then use that directory as another recorded tv dir. In other words, add a new dir to your media libary. Sometimes you need to add them to the XBOX as well. But start with the PC first.

Dgr_874

Post by Dgr_874 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Ya, I tried that too a while ago and it would always come up with some sort of 'authentication needed' screen and directed me back to the Zune software. I tried to use the Zune software and everything just like it said with no luck. I finally gave up on it and just went back to buying DVD's and ripping them to my personal collection. Microsoft just lost a whole bunch of money from me because I'm not going to buy all my movies digital like I was planning.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 am

I had that same issue on Windows 7 when using Zune Desktop Software to purchase TV shows and Movies. I had to initially open the purchased content with the Zune Software and/or Windows Media Player. After that, the videos would automatically download to my recorded tv folder and show up in Media Center. I had to use a 3rd party add-in for recorded tv (RecordedTV HD) because the media center recorded tv wont allow outside content to be displayed. You could however, put all your digital content in the videos section of Media Center.